Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor AI eye bugs
(01-22-2018, 02:55 AM)ProfessorHugedix Wrote: tracking someone who teleports off station to somewhere with no cameras causes my game to crash

I can say I experience a similar thing whenever someone goes off cams. I didn't experience it any time before I updated to 512.1406, so maybe it has to do with that?

Actually, now that Technature's weighed in, I also remember repeatedly crashing. It was really spooky: every time I'd hear someone screaming or farting or something beeping and then it would stop responding. One time, my game crashed as soon as I joined.
The game just crashed on me while I started tracking someone. I can't rejoin without it crashing again.
When a wizard I am tracking teleports back to the wizard shuttle, I continue tracking them even when they get there, despite the lack of cameras on the wizard shuttle (for the obvious reason that it is not on the station).
(02-18-2018, 08:04 PM)LovelyMimic Wrote: When a wizard I am tracking teleports back to the wizard shuttle, I continue tracking them even when they get there, despite the lack of cameras on the wizard shuttle (for the obvious reason that it is not on the station).

first thing in this thread was this bug. someone said it was fixed
(02-19-2018, 03:31 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 08:04 PM)LovelyMimic Wrote: When a wizard I am tracking teleports back to the wizard shuttle, I continue tracking them even when they get there, despite the lack of cameras on the wizard shuttle (for the obvious reason that it is not on the station).

first thing in this thread was this bug. someone said it was fixed

That means one of you three is a traitor!
I've been trying to join as AI to try the new features, and the first round I get it I am just crashing left and right. Not really sure if there's any particular behavior that's triggering it, since it's happened both when observing people and when just flying around
OK I have a couple that I dont think ive seen mentioned here yet:

-If the AEYE is next to a cyborg charging station it can interact with the charger to remove and input modules and powercells.

-Removal of the AI CPU/processor from its core does not kill the AI, it can still move around, talk and interact as normal. The exception to this is the destruction of the core via brute force or killswitch. It was mentioned previously as well, but killswitch notification OCCASSIONALLY happens when in AEYE mode with the big letters and sound, but more often seems to not notify the player.
AEye can use genetics console but not solar control computers frown

also AEye can open/close lockers using the 'move inside' verb and some timing

edit: also doesn't seem to be able to use security record computers
Aeye observer overmind whatsit is affected by the atmos of a room, and can get pulled/pushed by it. This is a little silly considering it isnt a physical thing
(06-18-2018, 12:15 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: Aeye observer overmind whatsit is affected by the atmos of a room, and can get pulled/pushed by it. This is a little silly considering it isnt a physical thing

This is also true when AI eye is close enough to a singularity. It's pretty amusing.

1. Pre-AI eye update, the AI could access and use the announcement computers throughout the station, and cog2 even gives the AI their own personal announcement computer in the core. This is no longer possible.
  2. Pre-AI eye update, interacting with the killswitch console as the AI would let you lock down borgs(though I don't actually know what locking down a borg did). The option appears to be gone now.
(07-11-2018, 07:14 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
  1. 2. Pre-AI eye update, interacting with the killswitch console as the AI would let you lock down borgs(though I don't actually know what locking down a borg did). The option appears to be gone now.

pretty sure locking a borg down was supposed to prevent them using tools temporarily but I'm also pretty sure it never worked
AI ghost eyes can't use VOX if the admin enables it (The commands don't show up in the AI tab). Only if you cancel the camera view, you'll see the VOX commands.
The Aeye can enter the cloning scanner through the right-click menu, and can even be scanned (unsuccessfully, though!). It can then leave the scanner by pressing a movement key, but the scanner and console still displays it as occupied! However, this is easily fixed by anyone just clicking on the scanner, though this does teleport the Aeye to the scanner. Doesn't seem to have any lasting effects, though!

The Aeye is also pushed around by high pressure and teleported by telesci, though if it ends up somewhere it shouldn't be it's just sent back to the AI box all fine and dandy.
The Aeye is unable to interface with some computers and devices unless it is adjacent to or on top of said devices.

The following devices appear to have this behavior:

Long-Range Teleporter (The Quantum Telescope is perfectly fine)
The Power Monitoring Computer
The Engine Output Monitoring Computer

Possibly other computer-type machines (Not OS based, but ones built from specialized boards like the cloning console)