Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Station of Despair. Final Chapter
"Ah yes, the detectives tool to magically print up a person's identity based on their fingerprints. Ah."

"Yeah, That would turn this from "We have to actually think" to "I could practically sleep doing this", so I threw all that stuff in the crusher."

"You guys should thank me. It's not often people deal with a truly great challenge like this. Having it be so easy would be practically cheating."

The cyborg let out a disgusting laugh...before going quiet...

"...hm? I should have put in a law against covering the cameras too...oh? Hold on, you morons keep doing what you're doing. I think I need to check in on King moron...he'd be so lost without me."

"I do have to say that you're all being pretty leisurely about this though. Don't you know you only have so much time? It'd be a shame if you only had this much information to work with, don't you think?"

And with that, the cyborg ran off noticeably quickly.
"Well there goes our Ex Machina. We really don't have a lot to go with on this considering both areas are public access."

"I guess we should figure out how she was poisoned first. Adam do you know if Irene was given any plants, or a drink or really any way she could have been poisoned?"
"I can't really say I know for sure.  all I know is that the most obvious place to get poison is.........the bar..."

With that, Adam went quiet for a second as he worked on the door to the upload.

"Then why would someone go to the most obvious spot if they're the only one ever there?  I'm starting to think the bartender may be the least suspicious one.........the only thing I can think of is Irene did get some medicine, but that was a while before she died...there we go, we're in."

The door opens...just to reveal a long hallway that goes to another door.

"Damn it, another one?  We don't have a lot of time before we get discovered."

Another voice chimed in.  "Discovered by who, may I ask?"

Adam immediately turned around, staring the cyborg down.

"Did I not make it clear enough when I said "No hacking the doors"?  Was I really that bad a communicator?"  A scalpel shot out of the cyborg's hand.  "Maybe if your brain and I had a little one on one, we'd get things a little clearer."

Adam just responds by taking out a...was that a phaser?  The cyborg is suddenly missing its head.  He passes off a piece of paper.

"That's a map of every spot that's hiding something, illegal things.  One of the ones near the public garden is missing.  The cyborg must have hidden them before we even woke up.  I'm putting a stop to this before this gets any worse."

With that, Adam ran to the door and started opening it.

"Captain, don't you know what happens to those that break the rules?"

The door behind him closed, and the bridge started retracting.  80%.

Adam got a breath mask out and started to hack the door open.  60%

Just about there...40%

Got it.  Doors open.  20%

The cyborg stands before the door and slams Adam out.  Bridge retracted.

Adam fires several missing shots before a pod suddenly comes by and slams him into space.  He quickly turns and fires at the...three pods.  One of them catches fire and explodes.

The phaser loses power.  Adam attempts to throw the phaser opposite of the station, but feels he's slowly losing strength.  It's not nearly enough to go back.

Consciousness starts to fade as Adam disappears in the background with the two lights on the pod.

Hundreds, possibly thousands of lights light up, blocking out the light of the stars...

...what just happened?

The cyborg...no, a new cyborg, popped up near the old one.  "Man, I gotta hand it to the station moron for giving me an excuse to make an example of someone..."  It immediately takes the piece of paper.  "Wow, and he had so much potential to win this thing.  Too bad he had to be an idiot and cast his life away.  Really earned the title."

"Kinda funny.  The second he gets off his ass is the second he shows how terrible he really is.  Having to give me work to fix one of my bodies.  It's actually kinda boring.  So boring that I really want the trial to start.  You better make your last minutes count, buckos."

And with that, the cyborg dragged the previous body off.
Large hobbles over to the boxing ring, lifts the corner of the skirt, and vomits underneath it.
"whewww- fuck thass a lot bett-*hic* better."
There's color in his face. That's new.
"H'allright uh- Dan, right? A'Should uh, be able ta make some a that.
Still thinkins we'oughta pump 'er stomach an' see what'zactly she tooks in, yeah? howsabout'ya git to that an i'll git'cher fermalder- uh, whatever ive got a recipe 'ere somm'ere..."
Holy shit. Nathan pauses for a second then sprints off to the bar/gym area to frantically tell everyone what just happened.
"Jesus, That thing wasn't wrong about the pods. "

Johnathon heads towards the public gardens hoping to do some last minute investigating.
"Hmm?"

Hearing Nathan's frantic screaming down the halls, Marcy heads to the bar to listen to what the fuss is about. One listen later and...

"W-wait. That cyborg was serious about pods patrolling this place!? But... how did..."

She blinks and realizes she wasted a lot of time just listening to others instead of investigating herself. After a quick apology she sticks to what little she knows and checks around behind the bar counter for anything suspicious.
"Spaced? Shit, spaced, shit."

Dan blows smoke right in Marcy's face. Shit. Another one dead. At least this one'll be preserved by space's icy-coldness. NT'll round him up at some point, Dan figures, if spacing someone was truly the end then why is she here?

Hm.

"Ya know these robots love their rules, yeah? Can't live without them? Wasn't there one of them rules saying that if someone murders someone and we find out who did it, they gotta die? Dunno about y'all..."

Dan blows more smoke in Marcy's stupid ugly face.

"...but I'm guntin' for a valid huntin'. Eff the dead chick, I don't care who did it, brains dont rot and we can fix it later. If we're all gonna die, I ain't gonna be like her."

Dan blasts another cloud of smoke into Marcy's dumb asshole of a fugly mug.

"Or the dead chick. Just another robot uprising. All we need's some supplies. Extinguishers. Cryoxadone. Those lightbulb things. Easiest shopping list ever. First person to get it all for me wins."
Large returns to the Gym holding a pitcher of clear liquid.
It reeks of chemical horrors & church basement.
" yeah 'ere "
The pitcher is placed gently into Dan Kelly's hands.
" Mum's recipe "
"Hey, Captbot, I have a question. If we fail to get the murderer, how will we be killed? I'd assume in a fashion that is uncloneable? Or would you save our DNA so that you could clone us for a game two?"

Phoebe Buzz seems strangely unaffected by the loss of the real Captain.
(10-25-2017, 11:57 AM)Anonymous Wrote: If someone goes to somewhere (redacted) and wants to search it for stuff how do I go about that? 
OOC:I realize I may not have done a good job explaining things.  I'm pretty shit at that, my apologies.  For the most part, it's just asking questions about what you want to know.  For example "What suspicious things are in the gym other than Irene's body" would get something along the lines of "There's nothing particularly suspicious beyond Irene herself".  Asking IC or OOC is fine (I'll treat it with an IC answer either way).  If I think it might reveal too much, robots start getting sassy.  I'm gonna start doing basic actions as "what do I find once I enter X" from now on too though.

I'll probably extend the time by another day too.
(10-25-2017, 12:02 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Johnathon heads towards the public gardens hoping to do some last minute investigating.
There's several plants of various species growing in the public garden.  The growing areas seem to be empty seemingly at random, and there's very obvious footprints in the ground.
(10-25-2017, 12:21 PM)NesMettaur Wrote: After a quick apology she sticks to what little she knows and checks around behind the bar counter for anything suspicious.
There's not much behind the bar beyond the glasses, a few bottled drinks, books detailing drink mixtures, and the chem dispenser.
From what you recall, the Barman, Large, was the only person ever seen behind the bar, and there was rarely a moment where at least three people weren't there.  Furthermore, the chem dispenser is positioned in a way that it's only reachable from behind the bar.

Quote:Plans of robot murder.

The cyborg wheeled his way in again.

"Now, I'm all for go getters, but I must insist that any attempts at each other be kept to a minimum.  Unless..."

"You idiots aren't thinking of going against me too, are you?  The station idiot had to be executed cause he was breaking rules."

"Hacking doors and attacking me are strictly against the rules, and those rules have consequences for breaking them.  You wouldn't really want to piss me off, would you?"

His eyes glowed a deep,  crimson red.  "There are a lot more cyborgs on this station than humans, if you get my drift.  He he he..."
(10-25-2017, 04:19 PM)YoukCat Wrote: "Hey, Captbot, I have a question. If we fail to get the murderer, how will we be killed? I'd assume in a fashion that is uncloneable? Or would you save our DNA so that you could clone us for a game two?"

Phoebe Buzz seems strangely unaffected by the loss of the real Captain.

"You think I'm some kind of barbarian?  I have no plans on killing everyone at once.  If you fail to predict the real killer, than the innocent accused will be executed in their stead."

"Fair's fair, right?  Furthermore, the killer will be a step closer to leaving the station."

"And of course, you'll have my deepest respect."  There's a seemingly visible chill in the air just from it saying that.
Nathan thinks for a while, checks the map from the PDA thingo, then heads off to investigate the medbay near the bar for anything suspicious or missing.

-ooc-

technature could you either put the map with the red and blue zones on the first post or a link in the title somehow? its the most useful map. and probably the current ruleset too?
OOC:That's such a good idea I'm annoyed I didn't come up with it.

Side note, Lorenzo Blessig (newtonsolo), Michael Mitchell (Wonkmin), Barry Burbuckle (brojob), and Roman Lawhon (Schwicky_Schwag) haven't done anything for a while and will be marked AFK tomorrow.  If that doesn't bother you then just ignore this message.

Even saying you're not doing anything for the moment will be enough for participation.
OOC: They're just RPing braindead people.

Dan stuffs the pitcher into her pocket.

"Course not, borgo. Wouldn't want to break the rules any more than you have."

"Unrelated question, but would you mind digging up the logs for Syndicate Horse Yiff Relay Asteroid Foxtrot? Kinda want to settle a bet before we all die."

Dan blows smoke in Marcy's dumb face.
ooc: just have no interest in this... like at all... i was expecting shenanigans not some sort of murder mystery with a robot that has basically noped away every idea i’ve had