Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(09-23-2018, 01:13 PM)Berrik Wrote: the HOS should be able to hatstomp to move/fix hotspots

+1
The gibber needs an alternate setting that spits out soylent green nuggets. Officially certified vegetarian.

You know, for people who don’t eat meat.
A Mechanics RCD that operates off of matter cartridges like the regular one, and is loaded with blueprints. The matter cost of an object should probably be something like the sum of its materials costs: i.e. something that costs 4 metal, 3 conductive, and 5 crystal would cost a total of 12 matter units. Though that does seem a bit high.
Add Cesium as a chance in artbeakers as a sort of super-potassium (in terms of reacting with water)

(09-24-2018, 04:11 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 01:13 PM)Berrik Wrote: the HOS should be able to hatstomp to move/fix hotspots

+1

"Old Man Jenkins jumps on his hat angrily!
The ground quakes violently!"
Admeme Francium when?
Let us construct a wicker man we can sacrifice people in to bless our harvests.
Lower the material cost of nano-fab instrument parts.

A single saxophone costs 12 bars of metal. In comparison, you could use those 12 bars to make 120 sheets, or ~30 walls.
"Dense Potato" as a botany mutation. Potatoes that deal a decent amount of stamina damage, especially when thrown. Eating them would be like hardtack.
Potatoes should be able to have wires attached to them to act as very low capacity batteries. Dense potatoes should have double this very low capacity.
Vending machines should dispense Discount Daniel's Own™ Organic™ Caffeinated Energy™ Supplement, an alcohol-free version of the Hobo Wine that contains random stimulating things and other random chems. I think more variety in available drinks is a decent idea.
(10-01-2018, 08:32 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Vending machines should dispense Discount Daniel's Own™ Organic™ Caffeinated Energy™ Supplement, an alcohol-free version of the Hobo Wine that contains random stimulating things and other random chems. I think more variety in available drinks is a decent idea.

Hack a drink machine for an energizing surprise.
(10-02-2018, 12:30 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 08:32 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Vending machines should dispense Discount Daniel's Own™ Organic™ Caffeinated Energy™ Supplement, an alcohol-free version of the Hobo Wine that contains random stimulating things and other random chems. I think more variety in available drinks is a decent idea.

Hack a drink machine for an energizing surprise.

wait shit how long as this been a thing [Image: RandomColas.png] ???
Since I started playing again recently and getting back into the swing of the game the thought once again occured to me that QM should have some kind of access to a black market trader.
 [Image: 5csgcLw.png]

Pictured: crude representation.

Usually the ideas are tantamount to having an emag or something like that, but instead I think it'd be better if the trader was always there, but if you tried to deal with him as a non antag he tells you to eat shit and refuses to sell to you. Only if you are a traitor will he be all "Hey buddy, what can I do for ya?" Anything you order through him is then sent discreetly to you by appearing as a cardlocked crate; however, the only type of card that can open it is an Agent card. The Black Market trader sells some, if not all, of the things you can normally get through telecrystals, some things you can only find in surplus crates or through the debris field, and also some special items you can only get through him. He also will buy items, and rather than send the money to the station budget he'll pay you with a crate full of cash for the value of whatever you hock. Captain and HOP stuff is always welcome.
Remove stimulants from the Thunderdome as they prevent you from doing actual combat training, and they're limited so once the stims are used up the thunderdome becomes less fun for the people who enjoy them with stims.
I like Skunkrocker's suggestion unironically, though it would need limitations. Maybe having a random assortment of traitor items with a limited supply, possibly with a cumulative TC value of like 64. Higher TC value stuff has less of a chance of being available on a given round, and naturally they would be hecka expensive. Though, when you make a deal, it shouldn't send it to the PDA messenger for obvious reasons.