Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
The detective should have a fake forensic scanner as a traitor item. It lets them forge fingerprints and things to frame people.
(11-16-2017, 09:10 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: The detective should have a fake forensic scanner as a traitor item. It lets them forge fingerprints and things to frame people.

I dunno, seems redundant considering the detective can already change fingerprint data on security records.
Bring back waldo.
Metal file: Made in workbench, this little gizmo lets you sharpen objects that can stab people.

For instance turn glass shards into hobo knives (presumably with a makeshift handle made out of bandages)

Sharpen metal rods into metal stakes (to ward off vampires, or just stick things into grass tiles, for instance makeshift tents could be fun)

Sharpen preexisting tools to speed up surgery or other processes or do more stab damage.

Also with files added, you could add a dull trait to tools that makes them a lot less useful if they've been used too often, requiring a sharpen.
(11-25-2017, 01:57 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Metal file: Made in workbench, this little gizmo lets you sharpen objects that can stab people.

For instance turn glass shards into hobo knives (presumably with a makeshift handle made out of bandages)

Sharpen metal rods into metal stakes (to ward off vampires, or just stick things into grass tiles, for instance makeshift tents could be fun)

Sharpen preexisting tools to speed up surgery or other processes or do more stab damage.

Also with files added, you could add a dull trait to tools that makes them a lot less useful if they've been used too often, requiring a sharpen.

I like that. Would make a lot of difference for various weapons like knives and glass shards as I could imagine them losing their edge at different rates

Could imagine it also playing a part in cooking somehow, having sharp tools
Step 1: Ghost Drones
Step 2: Ghost VR
Step 3: GHOST DRONE VR

I want to build cool shit in a safe airless environment to chillaxxe and be a hip hop beep boppin tin can of redecoration idears.
Stolen from the miscreant objectives thread: A station-wide alert and klaxon if someone pisses in the pool.

Change cannabis plants to hemp plants.

Hemp can be used as a fabric for clothing. Maybe we can make hemp ropes to hang ourselves or something.
Add a processing stage that turns hemp into cannabis, like Hemp + Garden Chainsaw or something.

Also, more cannabis products like brownies or cannabutter (used in any recipe that takes butter and adds THC to the end product).
I'm pretty sure nooses are in the terrible ideas subforum for good reason, but I didnt realise i needed dedicated edibles cookery until now
(11-25-2017, 05:39 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Step 1: Ghost Drones

I want to build cool shit in a safe airless environment to chillaxxe and be a hip hop beep boppin tin can of redecoration idears.

People usually don't care if you build extensions to the station.  Heck, sometimes I try to work together with other ghost drones to make a mini station.
(11-26-2017, 12:17 AM)Technature Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 05:39 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Step 1: Ghost Drones

People usually don't care if you build extensions to the station.  Heck, sometimes I try to work together with other ghost drones to make a mini station.

Of course, escape lounge is a Ghoste Drone staple, but the problem is the space created is nigh-unlivable. It would take more time than there is in a round to pressurize, let alone heat a space of any appreciable size, and that's without the time it takes to furnish and decorate. In VR, no problembo!
The main reason nooses was rejected was because the original idea as posted was uncharacteristically grim. Yes, there's a hell of a lot of violence in SS13 but a lot of it is cartoonishly over the top. The hanging idea was described in grotesque detail right down to losing control of bladder functions. I'd post a teardown of what I objected to about the way the idea was presented except I just checked the thread and found out I already did that back when it was relevant.

I mean, it still seems pretty unnecessary as a suicide given spacemen can hold their breath for so long not even unconsciousness will let them breathe again, so...
Pool should be full of a different, random fluid each and every round.
(11-26-2017, 03:20 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Pool should be full of styptic powder fluid each and every round.
(11-26-2017, 02:05 PM)Cirrial Wrote: The main reason nooses was rejected was because the original idea as posted was uncharacteristically grim. Yes, there's a hell of a lot of violence in SS13 but a lot of it is cartoonishly over the top. The hanging idea was described in grotesque detail right down to losing control of bladder functions. I'd post a teardown of what I objected to about the way the idea was presented except I just checked the thread and found out I already did that back when it was relevant.

I mean, it still seems pretty unnecessary as a suicide given spacemen can hold their breath for so long not even unconsciousness will let them breathe again, so...

Yeah I much prefer the suicides in the game being ridiculous and OTT and not realistic.
Okay, so add hemp ropes and let you drag heavy objects around with no speed penalty with them instead.