Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Small borgs, like a robot dog. They can't talk outside the machine channel but they're cheap to make! They have the advantages of critters (can get under tables, post themselves, other critters don't aggro to them) and also the advantages of borgs (tools). MAybe you don't have the resources for a small borg, maybe you just hated that guy you just took a brain out of. Slam dunk them into a borg critter!
A soufflé, takes ages to make and falls apart if there's an explosion anywhere on the station. Or if someone talks too​ loud.
(11-12-2017, 07:32 PM)Superlagg Wrote: A soufflé, takes ages to make and falls apart if there's an explosion anywhere on the station. Or if someone talks too​ loud.

Jay Wolff screams!
The souffle collapses in on itself!
(11-12-2017, 08:22 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 07:32 PM)Superlagg Wrote: A soufflé, takes ages to make and falls apart if there's an explosion anywhere on the station. Or if someone talks too loud.

Jay Wolff screams!
The souffle collapses in on itself!

I want more petty reasons to jam that caps lock in yell at people.
Chameleon mutation: Your skin can blend into any background and this you become completely invisible. The invisibility only works if you are not wearing any clothes and carrying no items of any kind. Thermal optics are not affected.
(11-11-2017, 02:59 PM)locusts Wrote: Small borgs, like a robot dog. They can't talk outside the machine channel but they're cheap to make! They have the advantages of critters (can get under tables, post themselves, other critters don't aggro to them) and also the advantages of borgs (tools). MAybe you don't have the resources for a small borg, maybe you just hated that guy you just took a brain out of. Slam dunk them into a borg critter!

Only if you can pick up small borgs and throw them into basketball hoops.

Guy throws robot x32 into the basketball hoop, that's against company policy.

Guy throws robot x34 into the basketball hoop, it's chassis now has small scuff marks on it.

Guy throws robot x34 into the basketball hoop, it stubbornly bounces off the rim.

Guy throws robot x32 into the basketball hoop, the robot lets off a sad whine as it's being dunked.

Actually this would be just as funny with drones.
(11-13-2017, 01:39 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Chameleon mutation: Your skin can blend into any background and this you become completely invisible. The invisibility only works if you are not wearing any clothes and carrying no items of any kind. Thermal optics are not affected.
already in the game just you dont have to be naked, happens after standing still for 3 seconds
Portapoo: Bring it back only remove the lethal bits so it's basically just a locker you can give people swirlies with.

Also would give you an ideal way to bring your hygiene up on RP servers/events no matter where you are. Safely pee on an asteroid.

Maybe it even automates emptying your bladder once you shut the door.
From the fluids thread. Remember the Sealab episode where they’re all talking about becoming robots and one guy ends up a brain with a speaker attached to it?

Well, maybe we’re out of cyborg parts and metal but we want to have some fun.

- Start with a brain.
- Attach wires to the brain.
- Attach a station-bounced radio to the brain.
- Attach a power cell to the brain.

Voila! Now it’s a Brain-Speaker Assembly. All it can do is talk on the radio, like an AI core except that it’s totally useless. The brain can still suicide if the player would rather be a ghost or ghost drone.

Maybe you can attach a robot leg to it so it can move around like an unholy abomination.
(11-14-2017, 10:11 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: From the fluids thread. Remember the Sealab episode where they’re all talking about becoming robots and one guy ends up a brain with a speaker attached to it?

- Start with a brain.

Voila! Now it’s a Brain-Speaker Assembly. All it can do is talk on the radio, like an AI core except that it’s totally useless. The brain can still suicide if the player would rather be a ghost or ghost drone.

Maybe you can attach a robot leg to it so it can move around like an unholy abomination.

I can't think of a more fun way to punish unfun traitors.
(11-14-2017, 10:11 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: From the fluids thread. Remember the Sealab episode where they’re all talking about becoming robots and one guy ends up a brain with a speaker attached to it?

- Start with a brain.

Time to make GLaDOS in SS13.

- Start with a brain.

This is already been suggested and explored extensively, under what was called Brainvats. I can't however find the brainvat original thread I posted which had original sprites. I think it has expired or maybe it possibly got pruned.

It was a very simple concept; it was just a vat a roboticist could make in its manufacturer, and you could shove a brain into. It was free from laws and fragile. It could speak. You can put a hat on it. You could attach wheels and an arm to it and it could scoot around and pick up things, while still maintaining its freedom and fragileness.

It was picked up but honestly it was made far more complicated than the original suggestion (requiring an assortment of toolboxes, prox, practically all the tools), and promptly abandoned after said coder was bored/frustrated of trying to implement it. Also letting me a little down that there was no consultation with the original thread, nor did they use my sprites (which were actually very good for 2014 me).

You can actually find bits of it if you search in the code.

I'll see if I can search for it, but it was a fairly long time ago, i'm afraid it has gotten lost to time.

Edit: Found it.

[Image: VsOwWqq.png][Image: FOllJaA.png]
[Image: CBXzSFv.gif][Image: lM3fFtB.gif]
[Image: 3kmg6vy.gif][Image: SPsBi7s.gif]
The brain-in-jar concept is cool from a semi-joke standpoint but could also be useful as a sort of pre-borging/pre-cloning triage to see who's braindead and who's not. Slap every brain you find in a jar on the shelf, and then you can ask it what it wants / wait for the player to come back from having a coffee.
(11-15-2017, 12:29 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: The brain-in-jar concept is cool from a semi-joke standpoint but could also be useful as a sort of pre-borging/pre-cloning triage to see who's braindead and who's not. Slap every brain you find in a jar on the shelf, and then you can ask it what it wants / wait for the player to come back from having a coffee.

Something like a brain tester, a roller-cart thing where you slap in a brain and it tells you the details about the brain's usability, as well as allowing it to speak.
Make it so loyalty implants and mindslave implants cancel eachother out. The mindlslave fails, but the loyalty implant also shuts down.