Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(06-12-2017, 11:19 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Port-a-Crates: Like the port-a-puke but with crates instead of guts/puking. Just stuff some materials inside. QM only.

This is a top tier post in the spirit of the original thread. Truly something of questionable quality.
Every round have engineering have a 50/50 chance of spawning with the thermoelectric generator or the singularity generator. Force engineers to know both.
(06-13-2017, 09:41 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Every round have engineering have a 50/50 chance of spawning with the thermoelectric generator or the singularity generator. Force engineers to know both.

"I'm gonna work on a new hellburn next shift!"

2 minutes later

"okay, guess im gonna do... whatever the fuck this is..."
(06-13-2017, 11:03 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: "I'm gonna work on a new hellburn next shift!"

2 minutes later

"okay, guess im gonna do... whatever the fuck this is..."

Hilarity ensues.
(06-13-2017, 09:41 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Every round have engineering have a 50/50 chance of spawning with the thermoelectric generator or the singularity generator. Force engineers to know both.

"Hmm wonder what this does"
5 minutes later
"CALL THE SHUTTLE SINGULOTH IS LOOSE"
(06-13-2017, 09:41 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Every round have engineering have a 50/50 chance of spawning with the thermoelectric generator or the singularity generator. Force engineers to know both.

Bug found: Singulo is connected to hot loop and cold loop. Note: Hellburning produces more energy.
Of course, this would probably be more than just swapping the generator itself, it would likely require having two different designs for engineering depending on if the round has the singularity or thermoelectic.
Thermonuclear singularity!

Ever wonder how the TEG can make so much power? We never got rid of The singularity.
Something bad should happen if you throw a telecrystal into a singularity.

Also maybe an in universe explanation for who keeps hiding things inside the station's decorative shrubbery. Seriously what if someone reaches inside a bush and accidentally gets an infection from a syringe?
If we ever switch back to the singu generator, remove the nuke and make the syndies' goal to unleash the singu.
(06-16-2017, 07:34 PM)medsal15 Wrote: If we ever switch back to the singu generator, remove the nuke and make the syndies' goal to unleash the singu.

So just have a bunch of redsuits floating around doin jack-all? 'cause that's an objective that completes itself half the time.
(06-16-2017, 01:37 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Something bad should happen if you throw a telecrystal into a singularity.

Every time a telecrystal is eaten by a singularity, it grows one tile larger on each side.
This means that if it hadn't already, it escapes containment by eating the emitters.
Cue mass chaos when some miner runs up to the singulo with an ore scoop and dumps 20 telecrystals onto it.
(06-18-2017, 04:44 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 01:37 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Something bad should happen if you throw a telecrystal into a singularity.

Every time a telecrystal is eaten by a singularity, it grows one tile larger on each side.
This means that if it hadn't already, it escapes containment by eating the emitters.
Cue mass chaos when some miner runs up to the singulo with an ore scoop and dumps 20 telecrystals onto it.

The shield should just prevent it from growing by making it more and more compact. Until it's too late.
I considered making a new thread for it, and i think it's probably already been suggested, but I guess I'll suggest it here first/instead to see what people think of it:

Let ghost drones communicate with deadchat.

All too often I'll get dead and consider becoming a drone, but decide against it because of the interesting conversation about the round's shenanigans or chemistry or whatever that my fellow ghosts are having. By letting ghost drones talk to deadchat, the decision between shooting the shit and fixing holes in the station unable to communicate with anyone (except other drones, if there are any) ceases to be a barrier.

Since drones already have laws preventing them from interfering with antagonists and messing with the round, communication with more-mobile regular ghosts would probably be either regular deadchat conversation or the ghosts saying "hey, looks like there's a hole over by ___, you should go fix it"