Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
map rotation?
so a awesome bunch of adminbus rounds yeasterday got me thinking
what if we added map rotation?
it would work like in /tg/station people vote at the round end what the station of next round will be
based on the already mentioned rounds the maps will be the following: the normal cog2       an updated version of cog1 with the same map layout   and destiny the map of the rp server
what do you think?
A map swapper has been in the works for some time. If and when it's finished, it should be fairly trivial for an admin to swap maps around.
Also the Clarion and possibly highly updated versions of older maps.

Actually... Why not make each map a different Z-Level, which are all locked away and frozen until needed? Not sure how much the server would lag to shit with that, if the Z-Levels were frozen (if possible)
(01-11-2017, 07:07 AM)Gannets Wrote: A map swapper has been in the works for some time. If and when it's finished, it should be fairly trivial for an admin to swap maps around.

but what if we made it a game mechanic?

(01-11-2017, 07:13 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Also the Clarion and possibly highly updated versions of older maps.

Actually... Why not make each map a different Z-Level, which are all locked away and frozen until needed? Not sure how much the server would lag to shit with that, if the Z-Levels were frozen (if possible)

yes to your first suggestion and no tothe second i hate lag spikes
Is Clarion Destiny or what?

I'm all for a map swapper but I have no idea what Clarion is.
(01-11-2017, 07:21 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: Is Clarion Destiny or what?

I'm all for a map swapper but I have no idea what Clarion is.

The Clarion is a map in the making. It's basically a VERY chubby Destiny with very wide halls and big rooms, as opposed to the Destiny's cramped rooms and smaller halls.
(01-11-2017, 07:23 AM)aft2001 Wrote: ... It's basically a VERY chubby Destiny with very wide halls and big rooms, as opposed to the Destiny's cramped rooms and smaller halls.
I love Clarion already!
Also, I just played a few rounds. Cog1 is being tested!
big grin
Clarion is a larger vessel suited for higher pops. I think it was designed by 69andhalf and Dions?

And I don't know feasible it would be to have map rotation during a round but it would be fantastic for Destiny. Having a "transition" and then having a choice of z-levels to pull from would essentially mimic warp drive.

But it WOULD cause lag as it would have to render everything. That would be ok if there for example, was a large bold text warning that essentially says PLEASE HOLD, PROCESSING WORLD, DO NOT RECONNECT, so if someone is thinking of doing something nefarious they'd probably want to wait.
(01-11-2017, 07:17 AM)acmesrv Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 07:07 AM)Gannets Wrote: A map swapper has been in the works for some time. If and when it's finished, it should be fairly trivial for an admin to swap maps around.

but what if we made it a game mechanic?
"A map swapper has been in the works for some time."
Just give an use to the vote command. At least 50% of the people online have to vote for the results to count.