Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Worst Moments Ever
(08-12-2017, 10:56 PM)PH77SER Wrote: Call me a nerd or whatever, but I was trying to open the door at centcomm. Typical stuff, gathering keys, making my team do shit, making sure the station was partly functional, etc. We got 13/14 keys, last one was the one in [SPOILERS] in the ice moon. As we were doing the instrument puzzle, with the skulls and the core, I hear admins joining and asking why the round was 3 hours long. What did they do to me? Spawned fucking town guards and mini macho men. 3 hours of work for fucking nothing.

I would put that in admin complaints. Unless other players were complaining about the round dragging on, an admin shouldn't ruin a telescience expedition for the sake of ending a long round.
@Technature How in the hell did he figure out you were a spy? Did he just guess and attack you? That seems really suspect to me and I would have adminhelp it myself if I was in your shoes.
(08-13-2017, 10:24 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: @Technature How in the hell did he figure out you were a spy? Did he just guess and attack you? That seems really suspect to me and I would have adminhelp it myself if I was in your shoes.

He had another spies PDA and camped the Hos' room.

When I asked, he just told me he murdered the other spy and got it, so I have no idea how he would have been able to guess otherwise.
That explains it. What a no fun tryhard.
I got caught as a traitor trying to kill the clown after latejoining as a chef and just randomly trying to murder him in front of everyone. The clown beat me up in jail and I got 3 minutes.

After I got out, the clown beat me up and then I got taken to medbay and they cut off all my limbs frown
(08-12-2017, 10:56 PM)PH77SER Wrote: Call me a nerd or whatever, but I was trying to open the door at centcomm. Typical stuff, gathering keys, making my team do shit, making sure the station was partly functional, etc. We got 13/14 keys, last one was the one in [SPOILERS] in the ice moon. As we were doing the instrument puzzle, with the skulls and the core, I hear admins joining and asking why the round was 3 hours long. What did they do to me? Spawned fucking town guards and mini macho men. 3 hours of work for fucking nothing.

The round doesn't belong to your nerd obsessions, dorkus!

But seriously don't ruin other peoples fun so you can experiment with sol stuff. That's a bad.
(08-14-2017, 10:06 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: How were they spoiling peoples fun? Were they preventing the shuttle being called?

we didn't stop anyone from calling the shuttle, just that no one called it and they got pissed

then an admin came in and was like "holy shit 3 hours, let's see who's the cause of this." and then a few more came in and i explained I was trying to open the centcomm door. then they spawned town guards which beat me into near crit, making beating the part with the skulls nearly impossible because of the shocks. then I respawned since they enabled respawn, and tried finishing it.

i said "fuck it, if everyone's so fucking mad and even the admins are miffed, i'm ghonna end it." :suicide: so i just killed myself and left. 

honest question, if this sol stuff takes so long to do ingame, and admins don't want long rounds, how are we suppoused to do them?
(08-14-2017, 03:32 PM)PH77SER Wrote: honest question, if this sol stuff takes so long to do ingame, and admins don't want long rounds, how are we suppoused to do them?

When #sol was active, LLJK 1 wasn't an RP server and tended to be super lowpop so we could be solnerds in peace. The admins would hop on to see what was happening + say something funny and sometimes even helped out the nerds.

At least, that's I think I remember. That was during my off-and-on sol experience and ss13 playing, I could be remembering incorrectly.
Honestly, there's two parties at fault I think. The random angry people who didn't complain about the shuttle to you (you were paying attention to the radio, right?) and the admin who didn't bother asking questions. I understand wanting to call the shuttle after X amount of time, but if no one knows it's wanted, no one who can call it will.

Poor communication is a terrible thing.
1 has been a RP server for a long time, but it's been non-extended for significantly less time, and antags make it less likely for the admins to allow the round to go on for hours like it once would.
got disarmed while I was farting on someone and holding a bible :downs:
I think you put this in the wrong thread, Berrik.
Was a member of a reasonably organised (or so we thought) 3 man security team in a lowpop round. We spent at least 40 minutes chasing after a particularly clever ling, only for all three of us to be eaten in rapid succession by the shambler after being downed by a zipgun explosion  All Ears
please delete I thought this was the best moments ever thread
My worst moment was in a round early this morning. I started as a detective changeling and completely forgot how to sting or eat someone because I was very tired that day. Long story short: I got cornered, killed and incinerated in the very first minutes of the round.  All Ears