Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disable motives for NPCs on LLJK1
This was brought up earlier by others, ever since motives became commonplace a lot of the NPCs- notably the bar patrons, like Shitty Bill- will piss themselves and starve/dehydrate to death after a bit into the round.

Our local mentor/buttlick avatar fellow Burrito Justice suggested making it so motives are automatically disabled for anyone who doesn't have a client, but also brought up the potential issue it'd have with player characters who go braindead and are suddenly fasting monks with bladders of iron.
That said, these guys have an AI whereas a braindead player does not. So maybe there's alternatives that exclude anyone who quits the round five seconds after getting the Fish medal.
I support this but I am Imaging someone using the entire round keeping them alive by force feeding them food and drink.
how2fix: Pause motives on mobs that have no client logged into them/never had a client logged into them.
just get bill a catheter and a nutrient IV
Guys, they're all in a diner. Why not just have them periodically seek some food and eat it?
(11-30-2016, 01:22 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Guys, they're all in a diner. Why not just have them periodically seek some food and eat it?

having NPCs that actually got any inteligence in them would be nice (eating and drinking, sleeping, going to the loo), but i am yet to see that! If someone could do that, they could even make NPCs that can do farming etc (for example baycode has farmbots, and they litterally can replace a noob level botanist, some servers have minerbots of same efficiency etc). It is possible to do so, that much i am certain, however will anyone bother with it is another thing...