Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extended Respawn Token
if( timeDead > 45 minutes && gameMode == extended)  {
   respawntokens++;
}
Not being able to respawn in the normal modes is partly so you can't get revenge on your killer quite so easily. That, and to give weight to your decisions and such. With the former in mind, and that extended is mainly in Destiny where you wouldn't do that anyway, I'd go so far as to say that extended should have respawn enabled, or maybe have respawn waves.
Request: if respawns like this are enabled, have people come back with Roman numerals after their name depending on how many times they've respawned
Cassandra Desmere, Cassandra Desmere Jr, Cassandra Desmere the Third, Cassandra Desmere IV, Cassandra Desmere V, Cassandra Desmere Once More, Cassandra Desmere AGAIN?, Cassandra Desmere Stop Dying, Cassandra Desmere What Is Wrong With You?....

Edit: But yeah, extended respawn timers should be a thing. Maybe even let it ping you when it is ready sort of like new round notifications work - just only for the player in question.
It could even have a canonical reason for taking so long, like the Cryo unit being a huge DNA backup thing that takes really long to clone you again.
I would say allow the respawn with the understanding that your "clone" has no knowledge of anything that has happened in the round.
(10-02-2016, 10:55 PM)Erev Wrote: Cassandra Desmere, Cassandra Desmere Jr, Cassandra Desmere the Third, Cassandra Desmere IV, Cassandra Desmere V, Cassandra Desmere Once More, Cassandra Desmere AGAIN?, Cassandra Desmere Stop Dying, Cassandra Desmere What Is Wrong With You?....

Edit: But yeah, extended respawn timers should be a thing. Maybe even let it ping you when it is ready sort of like new round notifications work - just only for the player in question.

I feel like this would be hilarious if the game takes the person's current name like "Partly Larry Donkerson" and he now has a son named "Partly Larry Donkerson Jr." because now cloning mishaps are influencing the naming scheme.
Either this or make being a ghost sightly enjoyable, make a bar for the ghosts to sit and discuss how they died or something.
(10-04-2016, 01:00 AM)grumpchkin Wrote: Either this or make being a ghost sightly enjoyable, make a bar for the ghosts to sit and discuss how they died or something.

... I was about to say that we should add a ghost corner to the bar but then I remembered that there's a piano.

LET GHOSTS PLAY THE PIANO
(10-04-2016, 05:46 AM)DreamCarver Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 01:00 AM)grumpchkin Wrote: Either this or make being a ghost sightly enjoyable, make a bar for the ghosts to sit and discuss how they died or something.

... I was about to say that we should add a ghost corner to the bar but then I remembered that there's a piano.

LET GHOSTS PLAY THE PIANO

Let ghosts be virtual people in the VR area, but still have them use deadchat. That way they can't tell anyone anything and VR actually gets used.
Let ghosts come back as bees or cats. No harm just tripping people.
I know something that would be cool for ghosts to play as! Some kind of drone that goes around repairing the station. Might be fun.

(The extended tokens is a novel idea though)
(10-04-2016, 11:22 PM)zewaka Wrote: I know something that would be cool for ghosts to play as! Some kind of drone that goes around repairing the station. Might be fun.

(The extended tokens is a novel idea though)

It's LLJK1 though. You can't really RP as a ghost drone, it's no fun.
Also there aren't really a lot of things to repair on JK1, seeing as it's not as full of bombmaking nerds as JK2. If I end up being stuck as a ghost drone, I'll be tiling space for the next hour or so.

... oh, but then I realize that ghostdroning while you wait to RECIEVE a respawn token would be PERFECT. Just enough time to play around with your RCD, and as you're getting bored, you revive. Huzzah.
Yeah I second that, you can't interact with anyone as a drone (defeating the point of RP pretty much) and you'd actually be interfering way harder with the crew by building shit anywhere on the Clarion itself. And I haven't seen it get bombed thus far, but I've only played so many rounds