Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
I can confirm that you can set monkeys to arrest and it is hilarious to lockdown the monkeypit with a securitron.
(01-27-2017, 01:42 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Since it's really only concerned with names, I guess you could set 'Unknown' to arrest to piss off all of them anonymous-type fellows. a greater domestic space-bee that's gunna cause some trouble
(01-27-2017, 12:50 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I can confirm that you can set monkeys to arrest and it is hilarious to lockdown the monkeypit with a securitron.
DAMN IT, WHY DO I FIND OUT THIS AWESOME SHIT RIGHT BEFORE BEDTIME!
Protip: this also effects someone with a clerical error as a trait AFAIK.
Eg: You set snudunce feeli to arrest and the securitron can only go after snudunce feeli. Without your ID on, the securitron can only see the unclerical version of yourself, if you catch my drift.
It also makes being a clown a little easier, as their name shows up as their pre-clown name at spawn. It can indeed be rectified by making a new record for the clown under his clown name.

Aside: as an AI you can have near complete control of the securitrons, if you use your shell to make some at a fab then using your PDA to turn them onto patrol. You can access arrest list at your core without the need for an ID.

My question is what the HECK is up with the character portraits in the sec records. They're an ASCII outline of your player and vaguely follows what you might be wearing (as per your job) and (I'm not entirely too sure of this) your hair too? When was this implemented and what's the deal with it? Because I just randomly stumbled across it.
Yeah I also stumbled across it and I don't know how long it's been a thing but it is cool as heck.
First is not a question but something I noticed: Most of the threads on unban appeals aren't people who were banned recently and think the ban is unjust, but rather people who were permabanned years ago and wish to give the server a second chance now that they have matured. Just something I thought was worth mentioning.

The actual question: what is the "Open bugs" subforum about? From what I have seen it is basically the "We know this is a bug but have no clue how to fix it" forum. Am I correct or is it something else.
(02-17-2017, 09:57 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: First is not a question but something I noticed: Most of the threads on unban appeals aren't people who were banned recently and think the ban is unjust, but rather people who were permabanned years ago and wish to give the server a second chance now that they have matured. Just something I thought was worth mentioning.

The actual question: what is the "Open bugs" subforum about? From what I have seen it is basically the "We know this is a bug but have no clue how to fix it" forum. Am I correct or is it something else.

its just a place that i move bugs atleast if i don't see a fix immediately, dunno really, just trying to clear the main forum kinda
Hi, sorry for the slight necro, just want to try and save this thread from forum hell because it is a good idea, what is the best way to forge pda messages to frame somebody for a crime? Also is there a way to shut off the buddies on hemera with packets?
(03-21-2017, 08:52 PM)fosstarreagan Wrote: Hi, sorry for the slight necro, just want to try and save this thread from forum hell because it is a good idea, what is the best way to forge pda messages to frame somebody for a crime? Also is there a way to shut off the buddies on hemera with packets?

Wifi component. You can either set the sender address as the person you want to frame's PDA, and run the risk of someone messaging you (them) back, or set the sender address as something random (eg. some other wifi component, someone else's PDA for the hilarity). Keep in mind that both of these have their shortcomings, though. The former is better if you suspect someone's sniffing, but you're also giving up control of the conversation once your message is sent. Depending on what you choose for the latter, it can run the same risks, and it can also easily become obvious that the person you framed wasn't the actual sender. And if you just want the messages to go back to you (may be more risky!), then your PDA and a NetDiag cart will do just fine.

And as for Hemera, just use the terminal and su in for control.

edit: I guess you could also use the radio, but it's less portable, imo.

edit2: Clarification on the "will do just fine"; there are definitely more elegant methods. However, they'll also take more time, so it's really just up to what you prioritize more.
[Image: d14244cd18.png]
It's entirely possible to remotely recall buddies via PDA; you just need the headpass and the nerdcart. I'm too tired to explain it, but that picture has everything you need. Of course, I'll probably get dorks yellin' at me fer sayin' this much.

Toots
You can also wake buddies using the wired network

Changing their program however I think requires prman.

Speaking of which I bet you could put prman on a disk and bring it to hemera. I wonder if you could maybe bring the sxripts too...imagine a friendly sec buddy guardian haha.

My turn for a question. How do you get chems into the compost and water tanks?
(03-22-2017, 01:41 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: [Image: d14244cd18.png]
It's entirely possible to remotely recall buddies via PDA; you just need the headpass and the nerdcart. I'm too tired to explain it, but that picture has everything you need. Of course, I'll probably get dorks yellin' at me fer sayin' this much.

Toots

Dorks? Where? Morty

Ahh I forgot about this! Though, this wouldn't work for Hemera, as far as I know. 

To be honest, I put "just use the terminal and su in for control" and not something like "just use the terminal to recall the buddies" because what I've always done is pull them into portals to get rid of them, and the times I've tried to recall them have not been successful. After further experimentation, though, I am confident to say that dock_return will not work with them. However, the "su in for control" still stands, as you can upload bodyguard! However, they're kinda annoying, so it might not be worth it. That way, you don't end up like me:  teleporting them to the diner, going back to get food much later, and being greeted with tasers - and sometimes also handcuffed residents! 

(03-22-2017, 03:41 AM)Sov Wrote: You can also wake buddies using the wired network 

Changing their program however I think requires prman.

Speaking of which I bet you could put prman on a disk and bring it to hemera.  I wonder if you could maybe bring the sxripts too...imagine a friendly sec buddy guardian haha.

My turn for a question. How do you get chems into the compost and water tanks?

Prman is already at Hemera (slightly irrelevant, but I remember Vitaroll making a comment about prman being across the z-levels somewhere, and it's kinda nice to say "yeah I get what you mean - to some extent!"). You could definitely also bring scripts (but not on disks! come on!), as long as you also take the files needed themselves (though, secure and bodyguard, the two most popular files, are already there). 

From my experience, click dragging from the container in your hand to the container you want to transfer it to works.
Huuuuh. I remember recalling those via PDA, but it turns out they're basically emagged from the start. It's been a year and some change since I really messed with hemera; guess it shows.

Also yer not one of the dork I was talkin' about.
Can the teleport gun work without a teleporter computer online? I'm wondering this I'm thinking of configuring the gun and destroying the teles so the victims are nearly permanently trapped and not because I got trapped in the Biodome by a teleport gun traitor. Because there  were two of them
(03-25-2017, 08:06 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Can the teleport gun work without a teleporter computer online? I'm wondering this I'm thinking of configuring the gun and destroying the teles so the victims are nearly permanently trapped and not because I got trapped in the Biodome by a teleport gun traitor. Because there  were two of them

not to the same location, i believe. i think there's a bug where as long as you dont reconfigure the gun, yes it can be used after the teleporter is destroyed, but then if you click the gun in your hand that's ruined. you can set it to nowhere, but that just teleports them like 5 tiles away i think
Does anyone know who came up with the weird made up minerals and ores? Who can I blame for naming something "uqill" and leaving me forever uncertain how to pronounce it? What kind of a name is koshmarite and/or erebite? FROM WHAT DO THESE CONSTRUCTIONS COME