Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
(10-07-2017, 10:28 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Are polymorphed creatures considered human? Does the same apply to lizards, player skeletons, etc. created by genetics?  I thought they were obviously not but then I thought about them being formerly humans and then maybe being human inside but not human outside and then I  suddenly found myself at the ship of Theseus problem.

according to wiki section of what borgs consider human no they are not human under the default laws

but you aren’t going to be making many friends if you go around stabbing people who like to play as monkeys

https://wiki.ss13.co/Human
yeah Sov last time i had a debate with people + admins about this they basically told me to ignore the wiki cause its outdated
I kinda wish poiymorph-critters were slaved to wizards. That'd fix the ambiguity right up!

Cluwnes are traditionally killed on sight, or at least humiliated to hell and back; it's part of the curse. I get yelled at by the new people for that though, so what do I know.

shrug
(10-12-2017, 01:24 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I get yelled at by the new people for that though, so what do I know.

Yell at them back as you finish tossing the clwune into the gibber for tasty burgers
(10-12-2017, 12:42 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: yeah Sov last time i had a debate with people + admins about this they basically told me to ignore the wiki cause its outdated

That's why I was asking in the first place! So I can update the wiki page on Humans.
The code says there is a TermOS program called grep. But when I give the grep command in TermOS, I get a 'syntax error' which usually means the program is not available.

I know that grep IRL is used to find "regular expressions" in files, but I struggle to get it to work.

Does grep still work?
How does one use it?

Also, because I am obviously a massive nerd, I occasionally see something about a 'the ghost of artifact research computer' (or something like that). Is that just a joke for nerds or are there actual admin shenanigans involved?
That was a bored AI messing with a nerd mucking about with grep in the artifact lab.
I tried to borg a player and when I went to activate them, I got a message saying the borg fell apart and all the components disappeared. Buh?
(12-11-2017, 03:49 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: I tried to borg a player and when I went to activate them, I got a message saying the borg fell apart and all the components disappeared. Buh?

They committed suicide, so either they had a commit suicide law or they're an incredibly rude player that just wasted your time and resources.
(12-11-2017, 04:31 PM)locusts Wrote: They committed suicide, so either they had a commit suicide law or they're an incredibly rude player that just wasted your time and resources.

Borg suicide has them ripping their head off, not falling apart.
(12-11-2017, 05:01 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 04:31 PM)locusts Wrote: They committed suicide, so either they had a commit suicide law or they're an incredibly rude player that just wasted your time and resources.

and the components don't dissapear
(12-11-2017, 06:11 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 05:01 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:

and the components don't dissapear

That was probably me.  I got a mentor message shortly after I was watching myself get borged that pertained to this happening asking why that happened.

The admin turned me into a swol birb that round.  That probably had something to do with it.
I swear there was another suicide where they unscrewed all their parts then went to pieces
Is it different for standard and light borgs?
The borg suicide was changed from disconnecting parts to ripping their heads off so more of their body could be reclaimed for use in new borgs, if memory serves.