Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
Go S.T.U.P.I.D. or go home.
Alphanumeric is actually a good name for AI.

Alphanumerical!
Hi! Another non-mechanical question.

How come small power cells (from nano-fab) are so crappy? I assume there was a Problem in the past, and nerfing em was the best viable way to fix that Problem? Is the story interesting, and if so, care to relate it?
(09-13-2017, 04:12 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Hi!  Another non-mechanical question.

How come small power cells (from nano-fab) are so crappy?  I assume there was a Problem in the past, and nerfing em was the best viable way to fix that Problem?  Is the story interesting, and if so, care to relate it?

I believe quality is largely dependent on the materials it's madey out of.

I believe you want to smelt a power source and conductive material for a good battery.
(09-13-2017, 10:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 04:12 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Hi!  Another non-mechanical question.

How come small power cells (from nano-fab) are so crappy?  I assume there was a Problem in the past, and nerfing em was the best viable way to fix that Problem?  Is the story interesting, and if so, care to relate it?

I believe quality is largely dependent on the materials it's madey out of.

I believe you want to smelt a power source and conductive material for a good battery.
[Image: 2b8b5a61a48ec7abd3d217e465ccb152921bdec2...02774c.jpg]

Cool, I have a new project!  Thanks!
How long does a blood pool take to dry from the time it's ejected from a spaceman?
(09-14-2017, 01:41 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: How long does a blood pool take to dry from the time it's ejected from a spaceman?

According to the release, somewhere between 200 and 500.
(09-14-2017, 02:52 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 01:41 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: How long does a blood pool take to dry from the time it's ejected from a spaceman?

200 and 500 what. 200 speed? 200 time? I need answers! Where were you on the night of October 17th, seventy-eight? Have you seen this man? Who are you?
Life loop runs.
(09-14-2017, 06:01 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:

200 and 500 what. 200 speed? 200 time? I need answers! Where were you on the night of October 17th, seventy-eight? Have you seen this man? Who are you?

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may dry.

(He probably meant ticks, I dunno exactly how fast (2/second? .5/second? I thought I heard it was one of those) but the same as the increment of time that reagents get consumed by)
(09-16-2017, 12:44 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 06:01 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may dry.

(He probably meant ticks, I dunno exactly how fast (2/second?  .5/second?  I thought I heard it was one of those) but the same as the increment of time that reagents get consumed by)

Believe its .5/second
Looks like tick_lag is .5 in the leak/release. Of course I'm talking out my ass, but my ass is smarter than me so it's probably right.

Honestly your real problem is that it can take anywhere from 200/realtime to 500/byondtime.
Is the NecroScan board supposed to allow you to scan husks? I hear that get passed around often, but an upgraded scanner still gives the "Error: Extreme genetic degradation present" message. And looking from the the public release code and the description, it doesn't seem like it's supposed to allow husk or braindead cloning.
(09-16-2017, 07:50 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Is the NecroScan board supposed to allow you to scan husks? I hear that get passed around often, but an upgraded scanner still gives the "Error: Extreme genetic degradation present" message. And looking from the the public release code and the description, it doesn't seem like it's supposed to allow husk or braindead cloning.

I'm pretty sure it only allows rotten bodies (possibly skeletonized)
Code:
/obj/machinery/computer/cloning/proc/scan_mob(mob/living/carbon/human/subject as mob)
    if ((isnull(subject)) || (!istype(subject, /mob/living/carbon/human)))
        src.temp = "Error: Unable to locate valid genetic data."
        return
    if(!allow_dead_scanning && subject.decomp_stage)
        src.temp = "Error: Failed to read genetic data from subject.<br>Necrosis of tissue has been detected."
        return
    if (!subject.bioHolder || subject.bioHolder.HasEffect("husk"))
        src.temp = "Error: Extreme genetic degredation present."
               return
Looks like what you and Triacontakai said is correct, though I've head the same get passed around.

Well, you can still SR them in the very least. Even if it's easier to do a brain transplant, or even if you could scan them, I'd prefer they get SR'd - it's damned hilarious to have a bunch of husks walking around.