Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Abuse
Sounds like an RP-server / TG ai. Tell them to go fuck themselves.
Cogwerks Wrote:I like how this one thread has people upset both that the brig is too easy to break out of and too hard to break out of.

how about i just replace it with a fire

One drastic solution is to turn Security and the Brig into a giant pit of lava, and just have the crew toss people into it as a replacement for the Brig
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:One drastic solution is to turn Security and the Brig into a giant pit of lava, and just have the crew toss people into it as a replacement for the Brig

Ah, just like in times of yore...
Yeah there's been some shit AI surges lately,

like some AI's i've seen have been telling their cyborgs to electrocute traitors and getting assistants to bash their brains in and acting like they had no part in it later.

I've also seen AI's and their borgs plotting to murder the crew with robotic chat while in deadchat.

I think that AI should be made application only, it's another one of those jobs where players have to be trusted and know how to behave.

example: one round i was playing security officer and an AI was screaming for me to kill the traitor who had not even been confirmed yet and called me a "faggot" after i just brigged him.
Shoddy Wrote:Yeah there's been some shit AI surges lately,

like some AI's i've seen have been telling their cyborgs to electrocute traitors and getting assistants to bash their brains in and acting like they had no part in it later.

I've also seen AI's and their borgs plotting to murder the crew with robotic chat while in deadchat.

I think that AI should be made application only, it's another one of those jobs where players have to be trusted and know how to behave.

example: one round i was playing security officer and an AI was screaming for me to kill the traitor who had not even been confirmed yet and called me a "faggot" after i just brigged him.

don't forget the one that was refusing to acknowledge a wizard as non-human because its law 4 didn't say it overrode law 1. the worst part being that it was played by someone who really knew better and wouldn't recant even when the ENTIRE SERVER told him/her that laws that modifying who/what is human don't need to override dick.
Shoddy Wrote:I think that AI should be made application only, it's another one of those jobs where players have to be trusted and know how to behave.

NO. THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, EVER.

If an AI is being horrible and is tossing slurs around, ADMINHELP IT.
The new map has brought a ton of players over from other servers. Some of those folks are pretty cool, some are godawful. It's really not that hard to get rid of the terrible people though.
We are not going to make AI a whitelist job, ughhhh.
I'm still amazed at how people never adminhelp shit, seriously why does practically no one do it?
Farting on security would be a lot more fun if they tried to arrest you for it.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I'm still amazed at how people never adminhelp shit, seriously why does practically no one do it?
Nark :x
Well, I don't admin help people unless they're doing griefing on the border of ultra shitlordey. I feel if everyone's banned for every little transgression the server will slowly be void of people cause well, you eventually fuck up and then if everyone's anal and admin helps it - bam you're gone for good for at least a month.

It also actually gives security something to do, bar the gray tide revolutions I dont mind random assistants assaulting people, as I have idiots to brig while waiting for an antag to reveal themselves.
Haha, what? We don't automatically ban people just because they got adminhelped, especially if it's just because they were confused about something. An admin PM saying "yo, the laws don't mean that" usually helps where the angry yelling of the crew might not.
Well, I was reffering to people doing stuff that's considered shit, and as far as I've experienced so far, you guys has been rather harsh when it comes to that.

Just a clarification.
Hang on

People aren't adminhelping shitbag behaviour because the shitbags might get banned?

That makes so little sense what the fuck, if someone's being awful then they're going to be warned repeatedly and banned for a short time if they just ignore the admins. It's only repeatedly absolutely awful people who get banned.
Id report someone for murder or attempt at murder, but if its just punches and nipple tweaking Its security's job.
All right my clarification was obviously shit, so I'm gonna have another go at it before you deem me retarded.

What I meant to say was, during the course of this week where I have been extensively playing security. I have witnessed pretty much every single possible player do stuff that is "shit", knowingly, granted most of it is spur of the moment as as such I didn't bother adminhelping it, if it is indeed true that only murder and not generally being a douchenozzle is a bannable offense, I guess I could reconsider it though, I just feel brigging people being shit is more appropriate than dragging the admins into it. But to be fair I haven't really seen ultimate grief fests per se this week either.