Poll: Which map should be updated next?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ovary/devstation
40.00%
18 40.00%
donut
35.56%
16 35.56%
something else! (please post what)
24.44%
11 24.44%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Donut 2 FIX THIS SHIT Thread
I fixed telescience in this mockup. https://i.imgur.com/Qy1pdRf.png
The remote gets added in the RD's office. If you know telescience, you could just warp it out of their office or ask them for the portasci application for your pda.
The Artlab isn't connected to the powernet, there is a break in the wire under the middle window where it's supposed to be electrified. The artlab server might be missing it's thinktape too.

Only one of the solars has a sun tracking sensor.
(11-09-2017, 01:32 PM)Roomba Wrote: Something is really messed up with Donut 2 atmos. CO2 out of nowhere, pressure spikes between negative and tens of thousands, eldritch space winds pulling everyone to escape. Donut should probably be taken out of rotation until this is fixed.

To add to this atmos issue, even Zeta outpost gets heavily effected with everything being dragged to the shuttle docking port, so a breach on either the station or outpost screws up the atmos indefinitely at the docking ports if the shuttle gets used.
i have an idea of what the atmos issue could be but since donut2 map file doesn't appear in the public code release, i can't really confirm/fix it
I bring this thread back from the dead to note that the Toxins Storage room on Research Station Zeta is maint access only. On a whole station staffed solely by Scientists.

Similarly, none of the Scientists have access to Pathology, even though the Path Lab is on Research Station Zeta. Probably a relic from the days Pathology was part of Research. Could, perhaps, the Medical staff get access into Research Station Zeta? (But without access to any of the labs or other facilities besides Path, obviously).
More Zeta bugs:

- New-style windows, data terminals, and Telescience stuff aren't destroyed when the nuclear charge goes off.

- Artifact lab isn't wired up to the station's main grid, and even when I manually connected it I wasn't able to connect to the mainframe.
Posted this on the mushroom thread but it applies to donut too.

Please add some forensics scanners to security.
Can we get magboots in engineering so we can go into the general area of space around the singularity without getting pulled into the containment field and instantly put into crit? That or make it so touching the containment field no longer instacrits you.
In light of recent discussion, I figured it would be a good idea to revive this thread from the depths of the abyss.

As much as I like the overall layout of the map, it definitely has a large number of issues.

Here are some of those.
  • The maintenance ghost. It needs to be made far, far, far less likely to appear because, currently, it's just a constant irritant rather than a spooky apparition.
  • No glass recycler in the bar. 
  • No Arthur F. Muggins memorial plaque in the jazz lounge
  • Big fukken lines of solid walls leading to the singularity engine. These should, ideally, be replaced with catwalks for greater mobility.
  • The exposed grille in that one maintenance hall storage area isn't actually solid, you can just walk right through it.
  • The purple computer in robotics, the cyborg database or whatever, was put there back when cyborg module research was still a thing. It has a "blank program" on it that will softlock the computer if you actually manage to run it. You have to reset the computer and log back in just to use it for any other purpose
  • You can only find hard hats in engineering and mechanics exclusive areas. Sometimes the janitor wants to be a massive glowing beacon of light and this hinders that greatly.
  • There's only one nanomed machine in the entirety of medbay
  • There are very few publicly accessible air canisters
  • There's no pathology department in the medbay, but there's a very substantial one on the zeta research area
  • Chemistry has a small water tank inside it for some reason. It'd be better served by a firefoam tank.
  • On that note, there's a serious lack of firefoam, water, and welding fuel tanks scattered around maintenance.
  • No biohazard lockers for the janitor OR anyone in medical!
  • No microwave in the bar.
  • Hydroponics doesn't have the UV lamp or the botanical mister
  • There's no way to set up a basketball court and jam out with barkely's basketball
  • QM doesn't have its own pod bay
  • Mining is on the other side of the bloody map from QM
Not particularly important, but the fridge in the kitchen is severely lacking in supplies compared to, say, the Cog1 kitchen.
1. There are no ghost drone rechargers

2. VERY IMPORTANT, it seems there is no automatic shuttle call?
critters spawning in the monkey pen is pretty fuckin grief since you're at the whims of some genetics nerd to let you out if there is one when donut 2 comes on

by the time updates to bring quality of life on par with cog1/clarion/etc we might as well replace this with one of those maps that are being made in the maps forum
(05-27-2018, 03:25 AM)drymelon Wrote: critters spawning in the monkey pen is pretty fuckin grief since you're at the whims of some genetics nerd to let you out if there is one when donut 2 comes on

can critters not just walk through doors? or is this one of the ones with only windoors, idk if critters can go through those
Merchant shuttles dock the wrong way (and in a place that's really out of the way too).
[Image: Fn4fzwl.png]
(06-05-2018, 05:02 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Merchant shuttles dock the wrong way (and in a place that's really out of the way too).
[Image: Fn4fzwl.png]

Damn Martian drivers