Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Suggestions Thread! V2.0
Please make all GPS units have Tracking disabled by default. I logged on today as a miner and there are 22 entries, each entry taking up two rows. All but one of them were stationary.

Minor change, major difference.
VoxSerico Wrote:Please make all GPS units have Tracking disabled by default. I logged on today as a miner and there are 22 entries, each entry taking up two rows. All but one of them were stationary.

Minor change, major difference.

A hands-free toggle for the distress button (like for flashlights, t-rays, and internals) would rule since mining accidents tend to knock you on your ass unable to move for a long time even if you survive
Flimsy Brand Plastic knives.

All these pizza cooking vending machines, but no knives to cut all those delcious pizzas.

the solution, plastic knives.

Flimsy enough to be not very good as a combat item, but useful enough that you can cut some food with it. flimsy brand plastic knives could be found in bar, in a box, or maybe droped by a vending machine or dispensor of some kind along with napkins that can clean up some minor messes and forks and spoons.

Hitting someone with them would either do little to no damage, or they'd break on impact.

Breaking them would just make them trash (unless shanks become a thing which I doubt)
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Boy I sure do wish there was an entire forum devoted to suggestions so I didn't have to trawl through one long thread full of terrible ideas to find good ones!!

This thread is more for general ideas that don't really deserve their own thread. Just minor tweaks to certain things that would be wasteful if a whole thread was made on them.

To contribute, here's what I'd like to see just in general.

*Autolathes should be able to make boxes, like the kind you spawn with. I don't know, make them out of pharosium or something. Not many people have use for boxes, but it never hurts to have one or even a few when you do. Some roles would even benefit from having a ton of boxes around.

*Just more autolathes in general. There's one in QM and one right next to it in a small room, but I would like to see at least one other show up somewhere. They're incredibly useful if you can find materials to stuff into them. On that note, they should also start with 20 units of molitz, pharosium, and mauxite.

*Disasembling machines like how computers would be disassembled. Just in case you have to take down a gibber that's blocking off escape or something. Maybe make it so electricians can unbuild things and re-deploy them somewhere else?

*Make the T-Ray scanner able to check if vending machines are shocked. Sometimes as an electrician when I go around hacking things, I don't know if the machine itself was accidentally set to shock and I'd rather not unglove myself to test it.

*Magnet gloves that give you pseudo-telekinesis within a six-tile radius. Only works on certain objects I suppose, but you could disarm people and steal things through walls with it perhaps. You'd need to find magnetic materials for that though. Maybe black gloves + mauxite ore + wiring + power cell?
I would love to be able to make boxes in a general manufacturer. As it is, when I tried transporting 50 grand in cash off the station, I had to raid the personal lockers for the boxes that come with backpacks.

It'd also be great if utility belts could be made, too.

More labellers would be nice, too. I dunno where they even are nowadays.
Val Wrote:
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Boy I sure do wish there was an entire forum devoted to suggestions so I didn't have to trawl through one long thread full of terrible ideas to find good ones!!

This thread is more for general ideas that don't really deserve their own thread. Just minor tweaks to certain things that would be wasteful if a whole thread was made on them.
Nobody will read this thread though so it's basically for suggestions you don't actually want implemented i guess??
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:
Val Wrote:

Nobody will read this thread though so it's basically for suggestions you don't actually want implemented i guess??

Then I guess I'll just make a new thread every time I have an idea, whether it's good or bad or dumb. Then again, that's what most of my posts have been on this board.

I don't think boxes in the GM deserves its own thread, but perhaps a whole thread devoted to stuff GMs can make would be better. I think I'll make that one next.
atomic1fire Wrote:Fabric should be obtainable some other way then just stealing bedsheets, like space cotton, or ordering fabric spools from QM.

It should be possible to do other things with fabric, like making a rope, or least (this will probably never happen, but it would give bedsheets a dangerous use) likely to happen but using fabric on a glass bottle filled with alcohol to make a moloktov cocktail.
This,

And some form of internet chat to talk/scheme with spaceman
Its called PDA messaging.
But I am talking about with multiple crew members rather then 1 on 1
fyad in space :ugeek:
Just change your headset radio to another channel along with them. you miss out on idle station chatter but meh.
Janitor borgs should have a sponge included in their equipment.
Please either buff the bowling kit somehow or reduce the cost. I could buy a C-saber for the same price and not run the risk of having it stolen every time I try to use it.

Possibilities would be to make the bowling balls impossible to pick up without the suit, be ineffective as melee weapons, slow you down if you carry them without the suit, or something else that would make them worth 7 crystals.
Make the Pizza Vending Machine dispense a knife along with each pizza. It's annoying to have to search out a proper cutting tool.