Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprites - Updated Feb 29, 2016
For ease of sprite creation, here are the basic human sprites and a .dmi containing them:

[Image: ajxDRFn.png]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6nN6-c...sp=sharing

Remember that for clothing I need the following:
- The clothing itself.
- An item sprite (the icon you'll see when it's on the ground or in your equipment slot).
- An in-hand sprite (the tiny little icon you'll see when someone is holding the thing) for both hands.

Some things to keep in mind:
- The places where arms and hands will be in side-views are not just empty holes, they're filled in so that people without arms won't look odd.
- You don't need to make fat-body sprites.
- There's no difference between how clothing is displayed per gender.
- The .dmis are very helpful, as having a .dmi with your sprites in them in the proper form makes adding them way easier.  Less effort for me = better chance for things to be used.

Uploading:
-
You should now be able to upload DMIs and PNGs as attachments.
- Its preferred that you upload DMIs instead of PNGs because it'll simplify importing if your sprite gets used!
Here's a bunch of my reference images, go wild!!
[Image: Oz4kBjn.png]
.psd format
.pdn format
.psd and .pdn have seperate layers for hands n shit
spriting in photoshop ? HERETICS

thanks i guess
Just doing some bagpacks for jobs, because doctors shouldn't be the only ones that have nice bags.
[Image: 5LYGZ5n.png]
[Image: oyyh9zE.png]
Clockwise from left: Existing plain bag (now assigned to civilian), Medical bag, Botany bag (civilian but deserving of their own), Clown bag, Command bag (all sec, cap and hop), science bag, and engineer bag.
I'm slightly ocd when it comes to shit so there must be 8, but I cannot decide. Anyone have any idea's what the 8th one should be? Miner perhaps? What do people think of the bags?
Sundance Wrote:Just doing some bagpacks for jobs, because doctors shouldn't be the only ones that have nice bags.
Clockwise from left: Existing plain bag (now assigned to civilian), Medical bag, Botany bag (civilian but deserving of their own), Clown bag, Command bag (all sec, cap and hop), science bag, and engineer bag.
I'm slightly ocd when it comes to shit so there must be 8, but I cannot decide. Anyone have any idea's what the 8th one should be? Miner perhaps? What do people think of the bags?
I think some actual contrast between the colours used in each bag might be good.
Also you might have missed it but there's actually an entire subforum for sprites.
Sundance Wrote:Just doing some bagpacks for jobs, because doctors shouldn't be the only ones that have nice bags.

I'm really digging those bags, but I would just like to say that clowns spawn with a rainbow fanny pack already. But if I could suggest another bag, make a bag specifically only for security instead of having one bag for the heads and sec.
Maybe you could even make a bag for the captain and the geneticist
*Shrug
I misinterpreted the meaning of this thread. It was linked from a thread.. requesting clothing items and new skins for such. Myyy baaaad
But seriously if an admin wishes to move this, do so.

Quote:I'm really digging those bags, but I would just like to say that clowns spawn with a rainbow fanny pack already. But if I could suggest another bag, make a bag specifically only for security instead of having one bag for the heads and sec.
Maybe you could even make a bag for the captain and the geneticist
I'll remake the command bag as sec bag, replace the clown bag with a deep green bag with command insignia for the captain, and give the miners a bag.
The geneticists can use either the research or medical.
I did away with lying icons a while ago, so they're no longer needed for any sort of spritework. big grin