Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New wizard spell ideas thread
Lightbulb 
A lot of players I've talked to recently want to see wizards get some shiny new spells, so I'm making this thread for people to discuss any ideas for spells they get.

A few of my own ideas:

A spell that summons a few "holographic" bandana monkeys at the cursor that won't attack wizards and can't be damaged, but disappear after about 15-20 seconds.

Some form of permanent enchantment that would allow you to use your staff to fire somewhat weak projectiles. If you took staff of cthulhu along with it, it'd make the projectiles stronger.

Also, what about some sort of "surplus knowledge" spell that you can only take if you haven't taken any other spells and it'd give you 5 randomly chosen spells rather than 4 chosen ones? Doesn't sounds like a good idea at the moment considering the spells we have right now, but perhaps in the future it could be interesting?
Tether. tether a target for X seconds. if the target moves more than Y tiles away from you, the teather breaks, dealing damage based on how long the tether was active. Tether automatically breaks if another spell is cast.
Mindswap spell that allows you to tag one target then use the spell on another target to swap their brains around.

Magical jumpsuit that counts as a full set of robes + staff. You can also change its appearance similar to a chameleon jumpsuit.

Wizard spell that shoots projectiles that remove enemy clothes and forces them into clown suits.
Mindswap sounds abysmal. Can't wait to get swapped with a Staffie when I'm HoS who proceeds to give me a horrible reputation for the rest of the round
Summon Monster! Summons a (or several depending on how powerful the monster/s are?) random antagonistic critter. Could be something like a violent monkey, or could be some more exotic stuff like some of the creatures from Disaster Rounds or from some of the AZones.

Animate Dead! Let's you cause a human's corpse (or mutantrace) to rise up as a zombie. Presumably a non-contagious one, but hey, maybe the stronger version (see below) is a proper zombie plague variant.

Also; maybe let player's spend multiple spell slots to get more powerful versions of spells? Summon Monster II! A fireball that does more damage or has a shorter cooldown. More projectiles for Icee Beeyem. A stronger Staff of Cthulhu. Etc etc.
(06-14-2021, 12:23 PM)Cal Wrote: Mindswap sounds abysmal. Can't wait to get swapped with a Staffie when I'm HoS who proceeds to give me a horrible reputation for the rest of the round

They key to getting around this is to already have a horrible reputation like myself!
MOH BROOL: aoe ability that makes affected players attack each other if they're standing next to eachother for a few seconds

GEDDAN: spawns glowsticks and or boogiebots and gives colorful reagent effect on area, chance to stun and makes affected players dance, maybe randomizes light color in affected area? Gives everyone affected some space drugs too. (I really want a party wizard)
Clown Themed spells
Summon clown staff: It acts like staff of cthulu but it just makes honking sounds instead of the brain damage sounds
Clowns laughter: Gives everyone 50U of honky tonic
Rainbow beam: Shoots a line beam that infects everyone its hit with Rainbow fluid. If you have the cluwne curse it becomes the Painbow beam
Lube bomb: Fills an area around you with super lube
Juggle curse: gives someone that juggling curse thing.
Butt end of a joke: Blows someones ass off, single target rathens. If they dont have an ass it gives them one
Bullcharge spell: Summons a clown car behind you instead of the bull. Sucks people upand drops them in a pile
You know how the NukeOps have the loadouts they can pick instead of just pick-and-choosing individual gear?
Maybe do that for Wizards? Summoner, Necromancer, Enchanter, etc.
That one spell that summons guns for everybody from different stations, or a wizard sword gear that does high damage at the cost of others still being able to pick it up.
honestly other spells need buffs. Snakes should be permanent instead of like a 20 second timer, untill broken or theres a max of 5 snakes per wizard. Blind should be perma blindness only fixable with oculine. Warp should take them off the Z level. Bulls charge should fan out and be a 3 wide spell instead of just on the tile the wizard walks on. (maybe at a slight damage reduction? or not?). Knock should emag all doors and lockers, instead of just unlocking them, to keep them permanantly unlocked. The lighting spell should crit no matter what, even if the target is wearing armor.

Last but not least, take away the brute damage magic missile does. Its super strong right now. Not only is it a medium sized stun, long enough for you to cast chargeup spells, but it also does a really good amount of brute damage.
I wouldn't mind making weaker spells more appealing in addition to new spells. Anything to get us away from what were dealing with now. The former is easier for sure but the latter makes for more variety, creativity and gimmicks.
(06-14-2021, 01:02 PM)Filthy Steve Wrote: You know how the NukeOps have the loadouts they can pick instead of just pick-and-choosing individual gear?
Maybe do that for Wizards? Summoner, Necromancer, Enchanter, etc.

This could be an intresting concept depending on how its done
(06-14-2021, 02:01 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: honestly other spells need buffs. Snakes should be permanent instead of like a 20 second timer, untill broken or theres a max of 5 snakes per wizard. Blind should be perma blindness only fixable with oculine. Warp should take them off the Z level. Bulls charge should fan out and be a 3 wide spell instead of just on the tile the wizard walks on. (maybe at a slight damage reduction? or not?). Knock should emag all doors and lockers, instead of just unlocking them, to keep them permanantly unlocked. The lighting spell should crit no matter what, even if the target is wearing armor.

Last but not least, take away the brute damage magic missile does. Its super strong right now. Not only is it a medium sized stun, long enough for you to cast chargeup spells, but it also does a really good amount of brute damage.

Uh, no to perma blindness on a 10 second cooldown, please.
And being instantly crit by a point and click spell sounds terrible, that's just going to make things more rampagey instead of leading to actually fun gameplay.
I've been thinking we needed more spells, and having spells sorta setup in a kind of class idea would be neat, but definitely not forcing some into set spells.

So. I was thinking that taking folks out of the round sucks, so maybe the Animate Dead spell should change it so it gives the player control of the animated skeleton, all while under the control of the Wizard. The skeletons corpse explodes into a miasma cloud.

Add a finger of death spell "SAV OHDI!" (Save or Die) Shoots a purple beam at a single target, deals all damage types in equal measure and stuns them a short period of time, doesn't deal enough damage at full health to kill you. It then forces you to check the lifeloop if you roll instant death or not (What is it like, brain damage + 1/2 oxy or toxin/burn/brute as a % and then maybe die?). If it kills them, it raises them as a zombie, the zombie produces miasma and the player can fart around as a zombie for awhile. Brraaaiiinnnss...

Give the wizard more Empower or Staff of Cthulhu type things, by that i mean, sorta transformation type spells. Spell that is cast once to change your character into the skeleton race, but you're a Black Skeleton with the Satan aura around you. Miasma heals you, you have anaerobic and cold resistance. Casting the spell again near dead bodies gives you a movement speed increase, some form of stimulants for a period of time and heals you for a set amount of health (If you wanna code it, heals you for more per body). Can't come up with a good gimmicky name, but its a bit lich like.

Necromancer wizard would say pick Animate Dead, Necro Transformation, Finger of Death and then another spell for flavor. Runs around making his own army of the dead, and boosts himself up off the dead he creates.

More muscle wizard spells. We've got empower, and now its lost its TK abilities. So wizard is now a bit more melee with empower. Lets add onto that.

FALCON PUNCH. Big ol punchy fist. Adds the damage you'd normally do from your punch (Or hulk punch, you Bruce Banner wannabe) and tosses a lot more onto it. Sends the target flying and if they hit a wall or object it stuns or disorients them.

"DOYU LEEFT!" Targets a person (Or persons) and saps their strength, reducing their current stamina and slowing them for a period of time. Sapped stamina goes to the wizard for stamina regeneration.

Muscle Wizard robe.... Its just a Body Builders speedo that slightly increases the characters width (As if the Muscle Belt), Can cast strength based spells without a hat or robe (Must show off body, no armor/helmets, mask acceptable)