Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
/!\ Swamp sprites needed /!\
I'm looking for some original swamp sprites/tilesets to use for a potential teleport area. Here's what we need:

- Swamp tileset (thick grass, some dirt patches, gross off-color bubbling swamp water)
- Doodads (dead trees, vines, plants)
- Swamp creatures (mosquitoes, amphibious aliens, use your imagination)
- Scrap metal stuff (walls w/ overgrown vines, debris from crashed ships, etc)
- Crude wooden structures (bridges, huts, prob built by crash survivors/crazy hermits)

If you have anything prior you've made that fits the swamp theme feel free to post it.
I have a fair few things already sprited for a strange alien marshland, a bit of recolor here and there and I'll share it, give me a day or so, I'm a best man at a wedding so I'll be drunk/high for at least 3 days..

I also have a mob that'd fit well in a swampland, it's a cordycep style fungi zombie suggested in Klayboxx's thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1658&hilit=mushroom
Code wise, they're a bit like a wizard's golem, when they die they burst into smoke, if you get smoked you get infected and if left untreated you turn.
I'll post that in a bit too.

I'll try my hand at the other sprites too.
[Image: sbMI1fH.png]
Progress 10%
Thick grass
[Image: PMMVV86.png]
Thick Slush (working on a bubbling .gif overlay, so wip i guess)
[Image: BtzNOMR.png]
[Image: kWBuvfO.png]
[Image: kWa5ssr.png]
[Image: x6IHVMW.png]
[Image: 91PeGm3.png]
[Image: P0U0hjZ.png]
Big ass dead tree
[Image: xYWEIoa.png]
Fungi (possibility of picking them?)
[Image: 8aO45kL.png]
[Image: 6M0im11.png]
[Image: uoqieQr.png]
Fungus Cordycep style mob.
[Image: 41QwBM8.png]
[Image: v4abXGy.png]
[Image: ezRfs6E.png]
[Image: uvqsIDF.png]
Not particularly swamp related, but seen as it's floating and looks pretty cool, you could find uses for these drones, perhaps guarding something. They're essentially floating bombs, they explode on impact.
Drone neutral (green, slow)
[Image: 3CzvpbK.gif]
Drone targeting (red, fast)
[Image: GpJYIYY.gif]
Also rather than using the same ol' computer sprite, you might have use for this barely-functioning-but-somehow-important-looking computer
[Image: 6TZM3Z3.gif]
Sundance Wrote:Cordyceps

I... I'm not scared at all O-okay?!
Holy shit those are amazing. My only nitpick is the sludge looks like a cheesy chrome texture from early 90's CG, but like you said it's a 10% WIP.
erotic dad Wrote:Holy shit those are amazing. My only nitpick is the sludge looks like a cheesy chrome texture from early 90's CG, but like you said it's a 10% WIP.

Nooo. It took me ages to make it look like cheesy 90's CG. I'll fiddle with it a bit more. What I have in place is 6 tiles, but I think I may go with 1 .gif tile that twitches and shakes like there's something moving under it. And the bubbling overlay.
Anything else that doesn't tickle your fancy let me know.

WIP 20%
[Image: 9KmYyF2.png]

Here's some ripped sprites from a space ship that I put a rust and vines over it so that it looks like it's crashed in the swamp for a long time.
Viney floor (you could put the dirt overlay+explosion overlay that already exists to mix it up a bit)
[Image: 8nawBVg.jpg]
Viney wall
[Image: z1EFAAB.jpg]
Viney door (possible that you use wirecutters/w.e to make it open?)
[Image: wyT2B9s.jpg]
Viney window
[Image: D7UAPcI.jpg]
Coming soon.. Viney corners+Viney engine to complete the spaceship look.

Also, working on a bridge. Here's the flooring. There's going to be supports+torches(?) on attached to them too.
[Image: FoOnTGA.png]
Some variation on the grass tiles would own too. I like the bridge idea.
The swamp should include this kind of lake: http://gizmodo.com/any-animal-that-touc ... 1436606506

Y'know, because.
APARTHEID Wrote:The swamp should include this kind of lake: http://gizmodo.com/any-animal-that-touc ... 1436606506

Y'know, because.

Those are legitimately beautiful. Like in a creepy macabre way, but still beautiful.
erotic dad Wrote:Some variation on the grass tiles would own too. I like the bridge idea.

That shouldn't take long. The grass has various layers that i'll just shift about. I've also have a bit of muddy patches in place.

I'm actually scrapping the idea of the single swamp-tile altogether and put in place two swamp tiles: Shallow and Deep
Shallow you can wade through, but the bottom half of your body will be covered, similar to how the pool works.
Deep you'll fall in and never resurface.
This allows for two scenarios. First scenario is that it makes wading through the dark swamp far more dangerous, and you'll need to watch your step.
Second scenario is for my next mob, one that's only half a tile high and has a little eye like a periscope sticking up. It spawns in shallow swamps. While not particularly difficult to fight, the fact that they are only half a tile high makes them particularly deadly in the shallows. Que assistants wading through the swamp and getting picked off like velocoraptors in the long grass.
That sounds pretty cool, close to what I had in mind for the swamp water.
[Image: ldd.gif]
I made swamp water.
This is all really cool!
Some mini-putt debris
[Image: MDsbhvQ.png]

Swamp butterfly
[Image: EhkfXiP.png] [Image: GUKg6hc.png]
Animated
[Image: AdrFmDb.gif]
TheRedScare Wrote:[Image: ldd.gif]
I made swamp water.

Neat, my gripe would be that the bubbles are too much of a contrast to the background. Do you have the stills?

Conor12 Wrote:Some mini-putt debris
[Image: MDsbhvQ.png]

Swamp butterfly
[Image: EhkfXiP.png] [Image: GUKg6hc.png]
Animated
[Image: AdrFmDb.gif]

Neat, I was going to do some insects, that saves me some of the hassle!

Haven't been able to do anything these past few days but have this:
Finished bridge sprite, I added transparency between the tiles, looks much better
[Image: oKEjQkU.png]

Heres the Swamp Predator that's half a tile high, but is built like a giant bulldog. The idea is that it retracts its eye when it attacks, leaving you extremely vulnerable in the shallows.
[Image: Mn1NeeI.png]

I also have the bubbling overlay+bridge supports+shallow swamp already complete but I'm posting off a different PC and I just so happened that have these ones already up. I'll post more when I get the time!