Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
"Amogus", "sussy" and so on ban (RP servers)
As said in the title, this is more focused on GoonRP servers, because generally, players on main have no problem with amogus and so on, anyhow.

Most of people will agree that saying "Amogus." on RP is generally not a great practice, and I have gotten an idea, which will supposedly improve the quality of roleplay on roleplay servers. Essentially, make all speech (currently, I am speaking about local speaking, using "say" command or pressing T on keyboard.), which contains "Amogus, Sussy" so on, produce the same result as someone with mute trait attempting to speak.

I am not 100% sure on this, as to, how would it possible to make a feature that applies on 3 and 4 servers, but does not apply to 1 and 2.
I'm in support of this, innit bruv
While I don't think this is a good solution I do think that maybe the RP servers should be a little more strict with memes and stuff. A fair amount of my rounds on goon RP have just been amogus meme hells or something similar. If I wanted to have a memey round with little to no RP I would just go to main.
"Your brain attempts to say it, but you would feel shame for having such a thing leave your mouth."
(05-25-2021, 10:01 AM)bl4nk Wrote: which will supposedly improve the quality of roleplay on roleplay servers.

All Ears sus All Ears
Doesn't the highly mutative nature of the amogus meme entirely preclude any sort of simple text filter from being effective?
any amoungus memes on RP should make you vaild
(this is a joke)
So if I name myself Amogus Fitzgerald I can commit crimes with impunity on RP because no one can say my name?
(05-25-2021, 10:01 AM)bl4nk Wrote: As said in the title, this is more focused on GoonRP servers, because generally, players on main have no problem with amogus and so on, anyhow.

Most of people will agree that saying "Amogus." on RP is generally not a great practice, and I have gotten an idea, which will supposedly improve the quality of roleplay on roleplay servers. Essentially, make all speech (currently, I am speaking about local speaking, using "say" command or pressing T on keyboard.), which contains "Amogus, Sussy" so on, produce the same result as someone with mute trait attempting to speak.

I am not 100% sure on this, as to, how would it possible to make a feature that applies on 3 and 4 servers, but does not apply to 1 and 2.

Strange, I believe this is from the user who plays Nathan White. I do remember him saying both "owo" and "sus" in the same sentence.
the current year is 2053, therefore characters in their 40s-50s would remember the great amogus plague of 2020
Just treat the people saying it with the shame they deserve.

Meme banning is just silly to be honest.
Lets be honest here, banning memes is not going to improve the RP, good RPing will improve the RPing from people who are just there to be memey and there is nothing really wrong with a silly meme once in a while.
whats so funny about sussus amogus?
(05-26-2021, 10:39 AM)aft2001 Wrote: whats so funny about sussus amogus?

sus ?
If people keep saying "sus" or "amogus" or things like that, feel free to explain to them in LOOC why they're not really appropriate for RP. You can also ahelp them and we can explain to them as well.