Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
captainbravo, goonstation 4, sometime last week
Admin: captainbravo

Server: The RP server. I'm pretty sure i was on the fourth one. The third never fills up.

Date + Time: I think it was a week ago, but I'm not too sure. I've been swamped with college shit. My time is Central Standard Time.

Synopsis: Okay, so, I was a clown. A honkin clown trying to just trying to find someone to mess around with. I decided I had to take the fun into my own hands. I was gonna make a body pillow business. I was thinking anime girls would look cute, but also some anime boys too. Maybe if the anime girl pillows sold well. I decided the best way to make body pillows by heading to the geneticists' and change a monkey to look like an anime girl. I decided to advertise my million dollar idea, "I'm inventing a new type of body pillow. real life women but with corpses." This was worded poorly. Its not like I was only gonna make women body pillows and they weren't even gonna be corpses. I just wanted to make a statement that made you look at, laugh at, and say what?  It did sound messed up and if there was a moment I wish I could've hit undo on. It would've been there. I mean- other moments of my life too definitely, but I love goon so I really wish I coulda hit undo OR tell the admins "DON'T SMITE ME, I PLEASE  JUST NOW REALIZE HOW IT SOUNDS". I was banned right after being released from security. I was talked to by security about selling other people. I said, I wouldn't and began to leave. The moment I left the security doors, I was banned. Just like last time. The worst thing is, I had learned from my last time I got banned. I thought that body pillows honestly weren't sexual and I stand by that they're not. They were being advertised as body pillows. So i came to the conclusion that it was banned for bigotry. I wasn't being a bigot though. I looked up rule 4, and it said using bigoted language and sexual content is a big no-no. I didn't use either. The words I spoke sounded fucking gross to the outsider, but I didn't use any of the gross language described in rule 4. I also want to point out that it was a month(I think) before my I was banned again. In that time, I changed a lot. If you stated what rule I broke or gave me an explanation before I was banned I would've been fine with it. Giving me a permaban may seem reasonable when you look at my history. However, if you look at my new history (after being banned by adhara) I've been a positive influence on the server. I just want a chance to show I've changed without you looking at my history before I get BONKED.   I'll appeal my permaban in half a month or however much of a month is left. I'll keep trying to play on goon because I genuinely have changed, and wish to have a fresh start with you guys. I want to have a conversation in a month, like a legitimate one. Ahelps don't have to be given to everyone. They are a privilege, but a privilege that should be taken away when people continue to not give a fuck long after you've warned them. I want to earn your respect back as a player but I can't without you at least trying to talk with you guys.

Logs: No logs.  

Extra Information: I have been banned several times before. I deserved being banned those times, because I was a pretty big dick. I was a shitter. I often times got way too high and did stupid shit. I don't remember most of it, except the times I was having fun by just having fun with others. I realized the interactions made the game great. Not the fuckin griefing.  I realized I was being an asshole and wanted to change my ways. I changed my name on the server to Todd Fwubs. I roleplayed a lot more and just wanted to have a good time. I made sure to not break any rules. I had honestly learned from my time last banned. I really did have a changed mindset. Ask people about Todd Fwubs. They might say "Who?" but some might say "Oh, i know that guy! He's somewhat cool"
I don’t entirely see what your issue with captainbravo is here. You are not entitled to an opportunity to discuss with an admin prior to being banned and given past warnings around sexist comments, this ban seems wholly warranted.

If there was some breach of admin conduct around this incident on Bravo’s part, please do elaborate. Otherwise, I would suggest just waiting out the minimum time for appealing a permaban and to make a case for having this ban lifted under the standard unban appeal format.
(03-02-2021, 05:29 PM)Mrfishstick Wrote: I don’t entirely see what your issue with captainbravo is here. You are not entitled to an opportunity to discuss with an admin prior to being banned and given past warnings around sexist comments, this ban seems wholly warranted.

If there was some breach of admin conduct around this incident on Bravo’s part, please do elaborate. Otherwise, I would suggest just waiting out the minimum time for appealing a permaban and to make a case for having this ban lifted under the standard unban appeal format.
I'm a ranter. I'm gonna bold the important stuff.

My issue was I've recently been trying to follow your rules, to stay between the lines, my most recent bans have been slip ups. Slip ups that deserve a ban. 
Around December, I remember I died. Nobody cloned me. They didn't give a shit. I mean- I killed myself, but when I saw that somebody in the chat had said "Don't revive him. He's a griefer anyway." I was pretty sad. That was the beginning of my arc of not being an asshole. 

I don't want myself to be an asshole anymore in your eyes. I feel like I've been showing more people that I'm not trying to grief. I'm trying to show that I'm listening. These last few months I've been on goonstation were just me genuinely roleplaying. I'm trying to show I've changed my colors. Its hard to show when you're banned before you can speak. Although, reasonably so with my past.  I wanna show I'm not gonna be an asshole(unless a good rp idea comes along that needs me to be an asshole). This ban, this recent one, I wanted to say something controversial enough that it would alert security to bring me in for questioning and have some banter, and I before I sent it, I checked the rules and genuinely thought that I didn't break any. I mean- the moment after I heard the JAWS THEME in the back of my mind as I waited to either get banned or ahelped. This is not me validating what I said. This is me explaining my frame of mind. ALRIGHT- thanks for reading. Thats all.

+ what's the minimum time for permabans? oh also sorry for the late reply. 
Again, the point of this forum is to provide feedback, either positive or negative, to the greater Administrative Team about the actions of specific admins.

It does not exist for you to attempt to adjudicate the validity of your ban or to publicly ruminate on why you were unable to see body pillows made of women’s corpses as something that would run afoul of our rules. If your next post in this thread is anything other then specifically providing feedback about captainbravo, I am going to start rolling dice to decide just how much longer to make your minimum appeal time.