Mentor Application -gloryX12
is it really important to be some sorta all-knowing ss13 god who's been playing the game constantly to be a mentor though
i mean all you have to do is answer questions occasionally and be trusted not to metagame with any information given
gloryX12 Wrote:I thought you were an awesome mentor, but apparently you aren't as nice as you seem. You just have to be right and make everyone's life terrible so you can gloat about yours.

My life is p great actually, thanks for asking.

please don't change the topic though. It's all about you.
that mentor line was just a huge logical fallacy. probably gave you a harsher response that necessitated, but still, come on.
Spacemarine9 Wrote:is it really important to be some sorta all-knowing ss13 god who's been playing the game constantly to be a mentor though
i mean all you have to do is answer questions occasionally and be trusted not to metagame with any information given

I totally agree with you in the sense that no one cares if your an all-knowing ss13 player.
although maybe mentors get 1-2 questions a day, its the chance to help out someone new that feels great, every single player started off somehow, everyone. So I just want to provide these people with some knowledge so they don't end up on the ban list etc.

I also know I am not the most knowledgeable of players, but I still believe I can provide people with the information to get past ss13's steep learning curve.
and think of it this way, with the mentors around, its one less question you admins will need to answer.

Thanks, Cliff Donkin wink
First off, signing off your posts is just annoying. Secondly, that was a very nice passive-aggressive spiel there. That isn't a good thing. Lastly, not being able to play nice with the people offering criticism doesn't look good when they're the ones you'll be "working with" in a way.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:First off, signing off your posts is just annoying. Secondly, that was a very nice passive-aggressive spiel there. That isn't a good thing. Lastly, not being able to play nice with the people offering criticism doesn't look good when they're the ones you'll be "working with" in a way.

honestly dude, I don't really care what people think of me, and if they believe im mentor material or not, but no need to comment more than once if all you have to say is that i'm annoying.
Do you know what that is called? That is called a troll, please don't comment anymore if you don't have anything other than, "Nope he is annoying because he ends his posts like that, cant be mentor nope."
Listing criticisms isn't bad at all. It's something for you to consider when you either A. Get accepted and need to not be shit or B. Don't get accepted and need to not be shit whether you plan to reapply or not. I didn't only say you were annoying because you ended a post with a little sign off, though I did mention that it was annoying. Don't get all pissed off and expect me to not give my criticism when you put an app up. That's what we're supposed to do.
dude you suck even more now
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Listing criticisms isn't bad at all. It's something for you to consider when you either A. Get accepted and need to not be shit or B. Don't get accepted and need to not be shit whether you plan to reapply or not. I didn't only say you were annoying because you ended a post with a little sign off, though I did mention that it was annoying. Don't get all pissed off and expect me to not give my criticism when you put an app up. That's what we're supposed to do.

I'm not going to keep arguing because I realize my application has failed.
but no need to say i'm shit, I have feelings, and when you say i'm shit just because I am wondering why you must make the same post over and over, that hurts.
Also if you guys view me as shit in the game that's just my character style, I am really nice actually, but you guys just dont see that frown
gloryX12 Wrote:I'm not going to keep arguing because I realize my application has failed.
but no need to say i'm shit, I have feelings, and when you say i'm shit just because I am wondering why you must make the same post over and over, that hurts.
Also if you guys view me as shit in the game that's just my character style, I am really nice actually, but you guys just dont see that frown
Look, if you can't take people telling you that they don't think you're right for a job, then it's less likely that you're actually right for the job. None of these criticisms are based on the persona you've given your character either.
dude you're really sucking even more now
gloryX12 Wrote:I'm not going to keep arguing because I realize my application has failed.

I'm sure they're all so sorry they hurt your feelings over the internet man, I would like to formally welcome you to the internets, where you will be insulted many many more times. P.S that character is you, not how you play him, you literally are shit until you learn how to be a better player
I'm sure they're all so sorry they hurt your feelings over the internet man, I would like to formally welcome you to the internets, where you will be insulted many many more times. P.S that character is you, not how you play him, you literally are shit until you learn how to be a better player[/quote]

Think whatever you want by Im not shit, what makes me so shit in the game hmm? I dont go bashing people's heads in for no reason
This is completely fucking terrible.

People who are not gloryx12: He's been told he's not fit for the position about 900 times, stop weighing in on this to attack him. He's already not going to get Mentor, no need to keep piling on abuse because you don't like him.

People who are gloryx12: Stop goddamn defending yourself, they can't resist the urge to get in the last word. You're not going to get Mentor so stop coming back to this thread, forget it even existed. Just try to improve your skills and people will come to like you naturally.

Shameful, all of you.
I only skimmed this thread but it looks like this guy is alright and everyone's just being assholes for some reason? Nobody's actually given a good reason other than 'heh dumb application' that he shouldn't be a mentor. Need more (non-stupid) input please.
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:I only skimmed this thread but it looks like this guy is alright and everyone's just being assholes for some reason? Nobody's actually given a good reason other than 'heh dumb application' that he shouldn't be a mentor. Need more (non-stupid) input please.

I couldn't agree more (and not just because it's my application). Here is a scenario:
Guy: Cool application, he seems ready... oh wait this is the guy that farted on me in ss13, NOPE
Me: I appreciate you sending this but can you give a better reason?
Guy 2: Holy crap man, did you argue with a guy on the forums? you suck hard!
Guy 3: haha all these people saying he's bad, he must be bad then.
Me: you guys are terrible people.