Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kondaru Fixes Thread
The Armory currently does not have any interior cameras, making viewing the inside impossible as the AI or via security cameras.

The Kitchen does not have a monkey vendor

There are no Escape Pods (This isn't *necessary* but a lot of maps have them)

The Artifact Lab control console is wonky and fails to ever connect and work, but the DWAINE console adjacent to it works just fine.
Hey Kubius, I don't know if this is a bug, non-intentional weirdness with the powergrid, or actually intentional! But I was setting up the solars and noticed that the massive array to the west seems to be the last in line for power draw. It charges the SMES really well because of it's size, but never seems to get used! The small northeastern solar array on the other hand had maximum power draw no matter what I set the SMES output to, which is really odd considering the engine was running quite well while I was doing this. This basically means that unless you disable the output on the northeastern solar SMES, the power draw will drain the battery no matter what you do, whereas the western solar SMES will have a ton of power stored but none of it is ever utilized in the grid.

Is the northeast array meant to be a dedicated AI chamber setup? That would explain the draw, but it doesn't really explain why the big western array never saw any power draw at all.

Sorry if I've interpreted this wrong and it's all intentional, it just struck me as odd.

Side note: NE array peaks at 90k generated power (but very rarely gets that much) and W peaks at 140k (but bounces between 100-120k most of the time), for those interested in SMES settings
(04-17-2020, 04:42 AM)breach Wrote: The small northeastern solar array on the other hand had maximum power draw no matter what I set the SMES output to, which is really odd considering the engine was running quite well while I was doing this. This basically means that unless you disable the output on the northeastern solar SMES, the power draw will drain the battery no matter what you do, whereas the western solar SMES will have a ton of power stored but none of it is ever utilized in the grid.

No idea why this is happening -  guessing it's some quirk with the way powernet works. It's not intended, and while I don't know how to fix it -yet-, I'll definitely look into it.

UPDATE: confirmed powernet quirk. This is evidently operating as standard, until such time as powernet is updated.
There's something not quite right with how freezers in the cold loop work.

If all of them are running, then late into the round cold loop inlet pressure reaches negative values and the engine INSTANTLY shuts down to 0W. Sometimes it has hiccups and it bounces between 0W and whatever power you're supposed to be producing. I have not tested yet if using less freezers changes anything but it sounds to me like an issue that I should report.

Also, suggestion: maintenance below engine room by EVA should be engi access only. Because of the flame you end up needing to vent it, otherwise temperatures in there can easily reach dangerous numbers.

Also, the most important engine related suggestion of all: WHAT THE HELL Mr Rathen with his engineer's jumpsuit is doing in the test chamber, he belongs in the burn chamber. He needs to spawn in engineering roundstart :P
Robotics is very small. Remember that borgs are solid objects and can't exchange places with other mobs. Any place made to accomodate multiple borgs needs to be big to let them maneuver.

I was able to open a maintenance door into mining locker room as an assistant.

More of a general design criticism - every department suffers from an abundance of entrances, making everywhere on the station feeling intensely vulnerable. Security has *six* points of entry connecting to general access corridors, not to mention the plasmaglassgrilles, which are the work of a moment with screwdriver, crowbar, wirecutters and gloves. This warren approach lets people flit in and out of areas they shouldn't be in like uncontainable gasses. Throw someone out one door, there's a half dozen more you can't all watch for them to sneak back in though. This map is critically in need of chokepoints.
Medbay overall is super cramped and very much so un-fun to play in. A rework to expand Medbay greatly to the left to give it more open space would be *wonderful*, especially if lots of other people share this sentiment.
The crematorium -> morgue pipe system has a duplicate pipe that causes cargo to get stuck. Location imagine in spoiler (I removed a grille so you can see it):
[Image: kOsIs6j.png]
The southern Pathology Research PC is non functional do to the lack of an adjacent Pathogen Manipulator

These cant be made with the normal device scanner either

also there are no monkey containment rooms to store test monkeys in
Speaking of monkeys, Monsieur Stirstir, Mr. and Mrs. Muggles, and others are not on the map.
Map could use more public general manufacturers, there's only one that I know of.

Also, since the server population seems to have gone up again it might be worth adding some more of the O2 closets. I'd recommend the wall mounted ones. The lower right corner of arrivals would be a good place for one.

edit: some maint areas also seem pretty empty, might be worth tossing down some more junk in them. Loose tools, dirt/oil, that sort of thing. Oshan's got a good maint imo, might be worth looking there for ideas.

edit 2: Oh, right, maint could use more air scrubbers. Also, lorewise, what sort of station is Kondaru? The central placement of the mining magnet makes me feel like its primary purpose is mining, which might be influencing how I feel about some of the design. Manta's got a pretty clean maint, for instance, but it's also a military vessel.
Two very minor things I noticed. Not even bugs really:

- HoS has access to the Captain's Quarters on this map. Unless that's a code change I missed being added, that's a bug.
- The Escape Wing could use some of those "Escape" Signs that are on some other maps. The Pool area has some of the "Escape->" signs which is good, but I straight up didn't notice that the area was escape until I was directed there. Could just be me though if nobody else had problems.
Mechanics can only use 1 door to the engineering breakroom, when they should also be able to use the public hallway door, and the maintenance door.

Some maps have a laptop in tech storage, I'd like that please. I also couldn't find a laptop anywhere in station, but I wasn't super thorough.
Robotics is missing a cargo teleport pad (for mining's mats)

Engineering often benefits from atmospheric analyszer upgrades. The nearest tool vend is in the NE  corner of the station, and the only other that I can see is in Cargo. I'd recommend adding or moving one to be in public (not behind maint access), and maybe closer (but not in) engine-ering.
Not really a bug...but I was playing mechanic a few rounds ago and I have noticed a lack of instruments cluttered around the map. I might have just been unlucky but for the life of mine I couldn't get a hold of any instrument in around ten minutes or more. :/
The AI Core has a Supply request console. I believe the intended purpose was to allow the AI to make QM orders from there, but AIs cannot interface with request consoles. This should be a QM console, if anything.