Ley's HoS Application
Usual character name: Stella Carmine on 2, Vivianne Murre on 1.
BYOND username: Leeanei
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Ley
Recommended by (if applicable): Ursula Major
Goon servers you play: Mostly 2, a bit of 1.

Reason for application: I want to see more regular security officers, and I know more coverage from Heads of Security makes more people willing to try it out, but I was also hoping that being a HoS would give me a bit more weight in things. I'm still not sure how I'm going to do it, because quite a lot of people prefer criming and I can't blame them, it is fun. So I want to try and make security look a little more fun, despite having a few policies that make me unfun, like dragging people out of departments they broke into.

Security experience (300 word minimum): My very first round of security I was randomly placed into it, and I watched two fellow officers cuff someone to a chair and beat the person to near death with a crowbar. It's gotten better since then! Before that, I don't actually remember encountering a lot of officers when I primarily played HoP.  The first HoS I encountered told me I was already doing a good job, then I promptly screwed up the next round. I made a huge number of mistakes starting out, I'll confess. From simple sentencing errors, to the time I didn't figure out someone was in crit and they died during their two minute sentence, to the time I tossed my baton instead of a prisoner across the room...

Err. Back on track. I've dealt with every round type except for disaster, because I have a long history of being too annoyed with the prior round to carry on into the next round. So I know roughly how to deal with each type of antagonist, where they rank on the release to execute scale, and I feel like I'm fairly fair with my sentencing and using the brig. But that stuff is reaaaaally boring, so let's talk about what I actually like about security.

The roleplay, of course. While I'm still working on keeping a defined personality for Vi, Stella's simple eagerness and lack of intellect(at least in the security role) is a lot of fun. The point is that security can get a lot of crew interaction and RP can disarm situations. It takes the edge off everything I've found because people want to RP and explain themselves, or lie. It's how you make a clown not hate you even though you yoinked them out of mechlab two steps away from the insuls. Its how you get a gang round to work for you, if they haven't pulled out the TTVs. 

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Roleplay! It'll cool down a situation. If that doesn't work, you gave yourself enough time to figure out who needs a baton first. Forensics! Grab that forensic tool and put it to work. You'll be able to build a good idea of who your suspect is and what they are wearing, possibly who they are exactly on the first try. Use set to arrest! You'll be able to instantly see who you need to deal with so there's no worrying. Being angry is fine, and you can even let it adjust your judgement (there's a reason you got angry!), just be sure to know where to pull back before you decide to delimb them and parade them around the station on a medical bed.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. A full team is about communication and the buddy system, where playing alone is strictly about not dying. It is 100% about not getting yourself killed. In a team, I will happily engage with gimmicks with antags that I know have a risk of a free trip to the debris field. Alone, I know I've got a duty to keep myself alive because folk look to security so they can stay safe while they spend 30-70 minutes staring at a chem dispenser.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[Image: vRpi6fd.png]
meet engispider.
[*]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None. Probably.
I've already made this pun over discord, but Stella is a stellar secoff, and would make a stellar HoS too. Never had a bad interaction with them playing security, they're fair, robust, and most importantly, communicate with the rest of the team, which is important in a HoS. I'd trust them with the beret, for sure.
+1
I cant say that im super familiar, but I do recall seeing Stella around and not having any problems. Your application seems to indicate a good understanding and you have a solid drawing. Im willing to give a +1 for this.
give them the hat; only experiences I've had with Stella have been good ones
Vivianne is a good and fun security officer who is both engaging + communicative, which is really important, especially on the RP server. It'd be great seeing them as HoS!
While I can't speak much for RP, I very much can for 2, Stella is an absolutely fantastic officer and I'm always glad to see them on the sec team when I'm HoS or another officer and know they're a reliable person for the job.

+1 x1000
Stella is good and decent. I believe that they have demonstrated the temperament for the beret. Not vindictive in the least and more than willing to joke around!
super reliable has my vote
yes absolutely, i thought they were ready when i still played and with the rate of growth they'd shown back then i can't imagine that's changed
Good Security, having played many a round with you as security I would want you as my HOS.
i am late but stella is always good from what i've seen so yes