Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Give most belts the ability to hold the RCD (or add a new belt in RCD crates)
Pretty much what is says on the threads title. Let people with the RCD put them on their belt. I think it should work for the Utility belt, sec belt (logic here is that it already holds guns and RCD is gun shaped) the CEs shield belt and possibly the miners belt (If it can hold laser drills and power hammers this shouldn't be much of an issue)

Alternatively. Make a new kind of belt that comes in the RCD crates that spawn on the station. (Maybe add a special function to it that very slowly recharges the RCD that's inside of it. Gives the CE options if he wants to have a 2 second shield or a RCD recharger around his waist )
RCDs are super powerful and I don't think they really need a buff like being able to put it in a standard utility belt.

I think being able to put them on your belt slot sounds fair and good

the RCD recharging belt sounds cool. I could honestly see that replacing the Aurora belt; giving the CE a shield always seemed out of place to me
Yeah, I agree with urs on the aurora belt. I think that that one should be able to hold the rcd since the ce gets it anyway. I like the recharging the rcd too. Since you almost never see the fabricator made compressed matter cartridges made. I do like the shield, but I wish it was a bit different to how it acts now. I think it's acceptable to add this feature to the aurora belt.
No to recharging the RCD with anything but the cartridges. That thing's already the perfect breaking and entering tool, and having an easy way to remove reliance on the catridges would make it OP.
(10-02-2019, 05:51 PM)Berrik Wrote: No to recharging the RCD with anything but the cartridges. That thing's already the perfect breaking and entering tool, and having an easy way to remove reliance on the catridges would make it OP.

I guess you missed the point where I said "very slowly" RCD charges are pretty damn expensive and hard to come across in a normal round or are really expensive to make if you don't have any miners. We are talking about like, an extra single charge every 30 seconds or so. Personally I just want to put the damn thing on a belt so people have a harder time stealing it.
(10-09-2019, 11:22 AM)Silvercloud29 Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 05:51 PM)Berrik Wrote: No to recharging the RCD with anything but the cartridges. That thing's already the perfect breaking and entering tool, and having an easy way to remove reliance on the catridges would make it OP.

I guess you missed the point where I said "very slowly" RCD charges are pretty damn expensive and hard to come across in a normal round or are really expensive to make if you don't have any miners. We are talking about like, an extra single charge every 30 seconds or so. Personally I just want to put the damn thing on a belt so people have a harder time stealing it.

it fits in a backpack, dunnit?
(10-09-2019, 01:12 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 11:22 AM)Silvercloud29 Wrote:

it fits in a backpack, dunnit?

It does, though that does make it difficult to tote while also wearing a jetpack.