Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Borg Powercells
Occasionally borgs get their powercells removed by an unassuming roboticist or someone else and they can do nothing about it but flail like a dead person who hasn't gone ghost yet. Personally, I think this should be changed so that the borgs are just paralysed yet they can still talk, so that they can yell at the bonehead who stole their cell to give it back.
I just spent the better part of last shift dragging a power-cell around station after a Roboticist had removed my cell, module, and upgrade at roundstart. I don't think there was any malicious intent there, possibly just a newer player that didn't know any better. However, because I wasn't able to speak, I couldn't explain to him, or to anyone, what was wrong; I could only drag around a power-cell and hope that someone would catch on.

A borg without a powercell is a miserable existence, unable to talk (both on radio and in machine chat), use their equipment, or interact with doors or buttons. I agree with the above suggestion of giving cyborgs the ability to speak when their power-cells are removed. In addition to, or perhaps alternatively, giving them the ability to insert power-cells into the docking station and equip them without human assistance.
I think a fair and easy step 1 to making this less awful would be to make it so they can be externally powered by the borg charger while in it; that way they can jump inside and scream over radio or machine chat
(08-14-2019, 02:32 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I think a fair and easy step 1 to making this less awful would be to make it so they can be externally powered by the borg charger while in it; that way they can jump inside and scream over radio or machine chat

V good. If not already (haven't tested) but the AI should be able to interact with the borg charger in case there's no robotocist around.
I think the docking station change would certainly be a step in the right direction.

(08-14-2019, 02:47 PM)Sundance Wrote: V good. If not already (haven't tested) but the AI should be able to interact with the borg charger in case there's no robotocist around.

The AI can swap out powercells, I think allowing the borgs to do the same would make sense.
(08-14-2019, 02:59 PM)SimianC Wrote: I think the docking station change would certainly be a step in the right direction.

(08-14-2019, 02:47 PM)Sundance Wrote: V good. If not already (haven't tested) but the AI should be able to interact with the borg charger in case there's no robotocist around.

The AI can swap out powercells, I think allowing the borgs to do the same would make sense.

I agree, ursula, good suggestion