Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow AI to see sechud and health implant overlays
Pretty self-explanatory, in that it would be useful for the AI to be able to see the health overlays for characters with those implants, as well as tracking those who are set to arrest (or otherwise parolled). Some way of updating the Sec / Medical records directly would also be useful in this case without having to hijack a PC.

This could theoretically impact Rev by making the AI more of an asset to either side, as it would be able to identify loyal crew (giving it a good reason to be subverted by the revolutionaries) but also be used to track and update known revolutionaries and their arrest status for the Security force (giving it a good reason to be defended by the Command staff).

Possibility: Tie management of payroll, security, and health records into the View Manifest option. (Possibly also allow editing said manifest as AI, as well as adding or removing records... could allow for some interesting changes.) Being able to see the overlay icons for arrest status and whatnot in the manifest would also be a large help when needing to update those records one way or another.
This is a good idea. More interplay between implants and the AI is a generally good idea
It should also probably be fairly easy to implement.
On the one hand, I don't like giving the AI easy ways to tell if someone is alive or not or set to arrest, since it makes it damn near impossible to hide from an AI with laws that have less than nice intentions in mind.

On the other hand, it could also benefit people less competent at helping than the AI is.

I think I'll vote Aye.
The AI can already generally tell if someone is alive or not by examining them, the only difference is that you have to kinda-sorta near them with the AI eye and then alt-click them.
I don't know about the health overlay one since it seems like it wouldn't be that easy to code in since there's no existing health overlay mechanic related to health implants themselves like the ProDoc goggles do.

The sec hud could be a good addition for AI and Brobocop borgs as well.
my literal only issue with this is that the health and sechud overlays on people stick out of things like bushes, which is hardly used by people hiding from the AI, so extremely minor. otherwise, see no downsides
I am reviving this thread rather than making a new one. Additionally, I would like to add:

Health scans should not be dependent upon health implants - after all, if upgraded Pro-Docs can scan health remotely, why can't AI cameras? Just lets the AI know whether or not it should summon the NanoMed/Port-A-Med, and what it should dispense.

While I agree with Nate on how people like to occasionally hide from the AI, it's not that common and thus isn't a particularly big issue for the upside of AIs being able to rapidly react to someone's health/arrest status.

As a possible 'bonus' mechanic, allow the AI to toggle between multiple viewmodes - Health, Security, Meson (if there is a way to mix Meson and Camera view), and Nothing. They should be pretty self-explanatory.

Overall, giving the AI more tools to rapidly acquire information makes a lot of sense, given AIs are just big computers, and just gives both casual and hardcore AI players another tool to assist the crew or cause havoc (e.g directing rogue borgs towards injured crew).

It should be noted that this suggested mechanic is likely based on the idea that the AI role should be one where the player is able to assist other players by rapidly acquiring useful knowledge, occasionally to make important decisions (such as what chems to dispense from a nanomed to setting up the solars because power alarms are going off). Or maybe I'm just tired and am rambling on because I really really wanna be able to use this in-game.