Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Lights are popping for no discernable reason
(08-04-2019, 04:52 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 12:29 AM)Skornzy Wrote: Why not remove the possibility of lights burning out altogether?

lights burn out to prevent extremely easy lag creation abuse from spam turning them off and on and to give the ai a reliable way to start fires.

there's other reasons, but those are among the largest.

The burnout that we're discussing is only tangentially related to light-flicking burnout. It's a "flavor" feature that was implemented to create a little more maintenance work and occurs randomly throughout rounds without anyone touching the light switches (and, as mentioned, can result in welder tank explosions before the round begins).

Zamu helped investigate this and we're both pretty sure this particular incident was just something fricking up, like those rare times that motives on the RP server decide to go into maximum overdrive and murder everyone. Thus, I retract most of my grumpiness. The burnout rate as Azungar set it is fine.
ah, I misinterpreted zam's statement, I thought the lights were somehow repeatedly updating themselves (from on to on I guess?) without input, but I guess what was meant was some kinda random chance proc?
(08-04-2019, 05:44 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: ah, I misinterpreted zam's statement, I thought the lights were somehow repeatedly updating themselves (from on to on I guess?) without input, but I guess what was meant was some kinda random chance proc?

I was monitoring the lights on a local server and the counter that tracks how many times they were toggled went up on its on for no observable reason.

Possible fixes:
- Lights don't spew sparks when they burn out.
- Lights don't burn out at all unless actually toggled.
- Lights won't burn out until they've been on for a while.

The first one seems obvious enough. It should only happen when they get switched on and off.

However, lights in general are kinda wonky.