Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fellow medical doctors/medical directors, whats your round start set-up routine like?
But...but what about the people...that can't...get to medbay?
then they die
(04-18-2019, 06:51 AM)Recusor Wrote: then they die

And what dies grows the tarmogoyf

Oh wait
(04-17-2019, 09:59 PM)Technature Wrote: But...but what about the people...that can't...get to medbay?

Speedclone em.

Heck sometimes I do that even if they're *in* medbay. If a sip of the ol' cold cocoa doesnt fix em, I'll just scan em, wait for em to die, then re-alive them with a splash of cryoxaclone. A dash of cryoheal mix in the cloner shortens the clone time by a *lot*, sometimes able to pop them out of there in just a few seconds.

They'll need some treatment once they're out, cryox doesn't do much for brain and tox damage, but they'll be fine and it frees up the cloner right quick.

Just make sure you add the cryoheal mix ***after*** you start the cloning process, otherwise they'll instantly pop out as a malformed jerkybaby in mid-crit... unless you want that. Cus you can clone a lot of people that way, and it uses next to no biomatter.
Is it possible to scan/blueprint the cryotubes? Thinking about turning the mini-medbay into a full medbay.
Well, it's been more than a year. How have your round starts changed since then?
I grab a gun to shoot the wounded and then bring them to cloning because its faster to pop them in and get the premade clone out than it is to fight heart attacks.
My general roundstart set up is as follows.

Health analyzer in pocket.
Medical belt containing a brute automender (from the roundstart first aid kit), a burn automender (from the roundstart first aid kid), an epinephrine autoinjector (from the roundstart first aid kit, used ASAP for space reasons), a defib, and three hyposprays, one of epi, one of charcoal, and one of saline.
Roundstart first aid kit in backpack, with the spare slots now taken up with four autoinjectors: atropine, synaptizine, salbutamol, and mannitol
Roundstart box containing seven autoinjectors: salbutamol, mannitol, potassium iodide, insulin, spaceacillin, calomel, filgrastim. Box gets labeled "Specialized Medicine" if I have the time.
Box of healing patches if there's a roundstart one in medbay.

Replace my appendix with a cyberappendix so I can ignore minor injuries. I used to replace more organs but the stamina boosts got removed so it's not worth my time now.

Sometimes I'll go looking for an artbeaker to mass produce meds which I will then store in a box in pill form for refills, but if I have time to mass produce meds I usually end up not needing them. If I do do that, I try to get my hands on more hyposprays.

Refill meds whenever possible, wander around looking for patients.
(10-04-2020, 04:05 AM)Mouse Wrote: Replace my appendix with a cyberappendix so I can ignore minor injuries.  I used to replace more organs but the stamina boosts got removed so it's not worth my time now

Oh, I haven't really tried the cyberorgans yet but the wiki still says a bunch of them give stamina buffs even though the July patch notes says blanket stamina ones were removed.

Getting back into Doctoring, I've noticed that saving people is really really easy. Most of the difficulty and excitement of the job comes from triage and the chaos of everyone going into medbay. So I've started incorporating getting basic medicines outside medbay at the start. Taking out a locker or two and putting the patches, auto-menders, and analyzers out on a table in front of medbay entrance. I've noticed it minimises the number of people going into medbay and causing chaos.
Two defibs, two synthflesh menders, three hyposprays: perf, epi and pentetic acid (or charcoal if I'm lazy) in the medical belt

Fuel tank with spare synthflesh, igniter, gas mask, two boxes: one with all surgery tools, the other with around four large beakers, three of them filed with hypo juice in the backpack

Health analyzer and oxygen tank in the pockets

PDA interface in the top right side of the screen with file browser opened

That's about it, I spend the early round gathering the stuff and mixing chems
(10-04-2020, 07:51 AM)Gogorow Wrote: Two defibs, two synthflesh menders, three hyposprays: perf, epi and pentetic acid (or charcoal if I'm lazy) in the medical belt

Fuel tank with spare synthflesh, igniter, gas mask, two boxes: one with all surgery tools, the other with around four large beakers, three of them filed with hypo juice in the backpack

So why do you carry TWO defibs and what's the igniter for? I normally find the crowbar I start off with really useful for getting through firelocks.
As medical director, pop tranq rifle in backpack and reload it.   Tranq isn't my most important item but I'd hate to get popped by Beepsky cause I delayed it. 

Then I get my belt and winter coat on.    Syringe gun, hypo,  air can goes in pocket.    Medical scanner goes in other pocket.   I'll go grab a gas mask.   Go fill up my air tank.   Unhook the entirely uneccesary cryo some newbie has hooked up because it only needs a bit of oxygen, and that oxygen will save more lives later filling the tanks of people after medical has been bombed.   Then I'll set up two hypos of the restricted meds and normal med combos.

As Doctor, similar, but I get the armor suit, fill tank, steal reserve tanks.  Set up hypos.  

For bother I'll often take the styptic powder and print out an empty mender and make synthflesh menders.    Then to keep occupied I'll just make some other medicines or fill air tanks, get my gene's done by generdecists.   Might put out the spare defibs, or set up a small spread of medicine in the lobby for people who only need minor heals.

(10-04-2020, 05:48 AM)gleb09 Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:05 AM)Mouse Wrote: Replace my appendix with a cyberappendix so I can ignore minor injuries.  I used to replace more organs but the stamina boosts got removed so it's not worth my time now

Oh, I haven't really tried the cyberorgans yet but the wiki still says a bunch of them give stamina buffs even though the July patch notes says blanket stamina ones were removed.

Getting back into Doctoring, I've noticed that saving people is really really easy. Most of the difficulty and excitement of the job comes from triage and the chaos of everyone going into medbay. So I've started incorporating getting basic medicines outside medbay at the start. Taking out a locker or two and putting the patches, auto-menders, and analyzers out on a table in front of medbay entrance. I've noticed it minimises the number of people going into medbay and causing chaos.

Yeah saving people's easy. Deffo the most fun is when two people are in crit and you gotta balance your healing between them to save em boith.

ALSO AND MORE PEOPLE SHOULD DO THIS....!

If I know there are a couple miners actively mining I'll sometimes set up a lil locker with (if I am MD) a medibot, some potassium iodide, a burn mender, a charcoal reserve tank, two hypos, and a brute mender. Maybe throw in some mutadone and epi in there as well and drag it down to mining. They'll often be grateful.

If you're a robotocist and you don't have anything going on, doing this will likely see you get access to some good ore.
My setup:
  • Medical belt, and put surgical tools in the belt. (newly printed, of course.) also a defib.
  • brute mender and health scanner in pockets
  • misc equipment in backpack.
I haven't been playing lately, but usually my pretty elaborate setup is:

-Get some colour of scrubs + claim satchel & medical labcoat, find gloves & sterile mask. You might as well look good. :P
-Med belt has brute & burn menders, defib, charcoal & anti-crit, as well as a spare bottle of each (reserve tanks of charcoal & epi if I join late and people haven't touched them/medbay's gone to shit)
-Said anti-crit is epi and salbutamol 2:1
-Health analyzer in pocket, but also upgraded prodocs
-If I can be bothered (it takes about 20 minutes) I make a bunch of pent & perfluoro, which go in the otherwise abandoned medkit in my backpack, along with their own hypos. Bandage either goes in there too or the other pocket.
-Get clone-scanned

Don't really bother with synthflesh anymore, it's sorta uncommon for patients to come in with both brute and burn, and styptic/silver sulfadiazine works better for the individual categories.
Depends on what i want to do for that shift,
-If im gonna be going around revivin peeps then ill harvest a monkeys organs and sell them to buy SR
-Dilute the SR with (1SR, 10 ephrine, 20 saline, 19 charcoal), turn that into pills
-Grab brute and burn menders, + anti tox hypono and beaker, and a suffo kit + tox kit
-Go around revin people
--
-If im gonna be staying in medbay,
-Empty first aid kit out
- Hypono(charcoal),Hypno(Submtol+ephrine),Brute burn menders, syringe + igniter, Something else depending on round antags
-Grab the other first aid kits from the lockers(Brute burn toxin suffo)