Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Getting off a chair in a way other than unbuckling still treats you as on the chair
How to reproduce.

1.Step onto a chair.
2.Body slam someone.
3.Convince ghosts to spin the chair.
4.Watch as you spin.

I have no idea if other things affect this or not.  Tests may be required to determine it.
Other things do affect this. Entering a GenTek scanner then having a buddy pull your chair is a common practical use of this bug, for example, as it allows you to work on yourself.

Probably extremely abusable, as it provides a neat way to cheaply teleport, provided you have a buddy to help you out. I think that it may be worth testing the following with this bug to better ascertain the nature of it:

[*]Pods
[*]Escape Pods
[*]Teleporter Portals (You can click on them to use them rather than trying to walk into them)
[*]Buckling to more than one chair?
[*]Port-a-brig and port-a-medbay
[*]Being on another z-level and having your buckled chair move
Because of information from the last post, I decided to bump this up to minor.
(01-14-2019, 04:37 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Other things do affect this. Entering a GenTek scanner then having a buddy pull your chair is a common practical use of this bug, for example, as it allows you to work on yourself.

Probably extremely abusable, as it provides a neat way to cheaply teleport, provided you have a buddy to help you out. I think that it may be worth testing the following with this bug to better ascertain the nature of it:

[*]Pods
[*]Escape Pods
[*]Teleporter Portals (You can click on them to use them rather than trying to walk into them)
[*]Buckling to more than one chair?
[*]Port-a-brig and port-a-medbay
[*]Being on another z-level and having your buckled chair move
[*]
As a practitioner of this glitch, I can definitely confirm 
The "buckle to multiple chairs" method works, but
Being on another Z-level will not get you teleported.