Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Z-level locations?
What's admins position on this? Can we map smaller areas with the intention of having them placed off station, accessible via other means?

For instance, if someone wanted to make the Space U.N. as a place for ambassadors, or some kind of shady merchant station with a host of NPCs you could interact with, would that be worth the time?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd certainly consider looking at some player submissions for debris field/off-station locations.

Naturally the adventure zlevel is gonna stay admin/coder only. But that doesn't mean we can't find somewhere else for Very Good Mapping.
(05-26-2018, 10:38 AM)Gannets Wrote: adventure zlevel is gonna stay admin/coder only.
As in, "no touchy at all", or could somebody submit an all-new off-station location that doesn't fit/belong in the debris field, which can them be copy pasted into the adventure Z-level as a means to conserve Z-levels?
Well, since I made that last comment, we introduced z5, which can contain a random assortment of smaller adventure areas. This seems like a p perfect way to accept some player content personally.

The actual adventure zlevel however is, i'd say, out of player hands.
ive always wanted to make something tiny and kinda dumb that i can look at and say "thats mine"
thanks gannets
Has anyone ever considered making a station that spans multiple Z-levels? Or is that too crazy?
(07-23-2018, 04:18 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Has anyone ever considered making a station that spans multiple Z-levels? Or is that too crazy?

Baystation did. They found it separated players too much.
(07-23-2018, 04:24 PM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 04:18 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Has anyone ever considered making a station that spans multiple Z-levels? Or is that too crazy?

And if you like vore, their server also has a multi-level station  get in not go out

I've always kinda thought it might be neat to do something like that, where the second z-level is more or less the sewers of the station. Like, you'd still have maintenance tunnels, but they would mostly end in dead ends with hatches that lead into the lower levels.

The lower levels would house all the pipes, wires, and other junk that keeps the station going, but there wouldn't be much else. You could make your way to another hatch to move about the station, but it would be dark, spooky, and dangerous with all sorts of hazards you'd have to avoid.
(07-24-2018, 05:10 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

I've always kinda thought it might be neat to do something like that, where the second z-level is more or less the sewers of the station. Like, you'd still have maintenance tunnels, but they would mostly end in dead ends with hatches that lead into the lower levels.

The lower levels would house all the pipes, wires, and other junk that keeps the station going, but there wouldn't be much else. You could make your way to another hatch to move about the station, but it would be dark, spooky, and dangerous with all sorts of hazards you'd have to avoid.

This would be so nice. One of my biggest bummers when mapping is that you can't really have good intersections between maint and hallways. I'd add a second deck to the dongship in a heartbeat.
I know this is sort of 'out there' but I always wondered if a single Z-level could have persistence between rounds, with the caveat that small/tiny items not in a container were wiped between rounds (to prevent piles of glass shards or the like from creating Lag-O-Death) and certain blacklisted items in or out of containers.

Basically a place where you can build your own autism fort or wire art but not hoard crates of phasers or Solarium goodies. Your own little corner of the universe.