Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Cuba (spiritual successor to rockstation, less shit)
The issue with medbay is not 'some qualms'. It is a fundamental design flaw. The most active part of the station and the most likely to be hit by antagonist activity is also the arrivals hallway. This is a serious issue. Similarly the medbay itself sees very little traffic due to the lack of a convenient public area (other than the arrivals hallway) and the cloner is inconvenient at best and disruptive at worst. The general consensus among admins is that this overall makes for lousy rounds and bad experiences. Especially first experiences.

Similarly we have decided to enforce higher standards of quality to make the overall new map experience better (to not kill the 'new map hype') and to prevent a constant adding and removing of maps (generally killing their overall magic and enjoyment) I understand that you may disagree with some of these points but over years of observing rounds and player interactions we try to act in the best interests of the players overall and we trust in our group perspective on things.

If the community wants samedi readded to rotation we insist on what we consider the main issues to be worked on first.
(07-29-2018, 10:34 AM)Readster Wrote: The most active part of the station and the most likely to be hit by antagonist activity is also the arrivals hallway.
(...)
the cloner is inconvenient at best and disruptive at worst.
I have never dabbled in mapmaking, but moving arrivals doesn't sound like an unsurmountable change for this map. It could even have a rock of its own. What do you say Kubius?

And is the cloner location really that much worse then Cog1 or Destiny? It's 1 door away from maintenance. Again, I don't know, but I'd like to know the other criteria.

(07-29-2018, 10:34 AM)Readster Wrote: we have decided to enforce higher standards of quality to make the overall new map experience better(...)
Does this mean you guys are finally going to take Donut2 out of rotation?