Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game
1. Sorry, read that as "Here: Country" instead of "Here:Website"

2. Dammit my PC is shit, have to use XB1 for it
(Plus hand tremors make keyboards a living hell to use during tense combat )
I bought Jalopy on steam for myself as a birthday gift. It's basically a road trip simulator, where you drive a shitty car through Eastern Europe with your uncle after the fall of the the Berlin Wall. Keep your car running while making cash by trading goods between towns
I somehow forgot how fun GTA:SA was. By extension, Saints Row is also great. SR1-2 is more THUGG-LYFE than GTA:SA, where SR3+ is more HOG-WILD GTA:SA.
(06-13-2018, 09:14 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I somehow forgot how fun GTA:SA was. By extension, Saints Row is also great. SR1-2 is more THUGG-LYFE than GTA:SA, where SR3+ is more HOG-WILD GTA:SA.

SAMP will always bee the better GTAV
i have been enjoying icewind dale a lot lately. i missed out on a lot of these infinity engine games back at the time so it is good fun hitting them now. and theyre cheap if you wait till sale time
Why in the living, breathing fuck did I start playing EverQuest again? On the Project 1999 server no less. I'd ask what's wrong with me, but at this point that's more of a rhetorical question.

Come play this decaying skeleton of a game with me. It's free.
MGSV ends too soon, damn you Konami
[Image: MKScreenShot14.jpg]

Metal Knights is a REALLY old game that still gets updated once in a while?  Best description I got is Advance Wars with a tech level and potential diplomacy with more than 2 players in the game.

It has typos and isn't the best free game out there, but it's okay and seems to have had a lot of effort put into it.  My only real gripe with it is you basically HAVE to register for multiplayer games (Fork over $16+ which isn't the worst), as not registering means you don't keep research over turns (though you can still build new units from the original city that discovered it) and have to build several universities at once?  Best case scenario, no one can get to the really cool stuff and worst case scenario, you're getting nuked and being destroyed by robots while you can't build much better than tanks.

Note:I tried to find something with players trying to fight for control over an area but this was the only thing I could find.

Also Note:It only has 6 maps? Which is weird since when I originally found it it had like...30 or 40? But you can make your own maps anyway so eh
Aladdin for the Sega Genesis holds a special place in my heart as it is the ONLY console game I beat solo, start to finish, on the original hardware. With about 8 of my siblings/cousins watching. We ran around celebrating like it was Christmas come early. God I miss those days.

I have a whole slew of Sonic games I still adore from the older days when they weren't crapware. The OST's from PC Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Racer have been in my music collection for literally half my life.

The Space Quest series (and its sister series Quest for Glory) are literally as fun if not more to LOSE as they are to win. The former especially is practically the living incarnation of "have a nice death!" complete with suitably gruesome pictures and snarky messages though Q4G isn't far behind. I can't count the times I've laughed myself sick over intentionally dying in a stupid manner.

And ZZT...I could go on for pages about ZZT. On the surface it's halfway between a roguelike and a RPG with graphics that were obsolete when it was released. But the because Tim Sweeney chose to include a fully-functional level editor in the shareware version, he enabled an entire generation of creativity with the simplicity of its object-oriented programming language. Every possible kind of fangame from shooters to actual RPG games to comedies was made, nearly all of which blew away the ones released by Epic Megagames. The community is still going after *over two and a half decades*, and someone just acquired the license to remake the game.
Apparently "Boiling Point: Road to Hell" was a thing. I'm guessing I was too busy playing GTA:SA, X3 and Morrowind at the time.
So, playing it less recently, but Mount and Blade is still a pretty solid way to kill some time, before you inevitably form your own kingdom and start trying to take over the world. The mods add some nice extra flavour too, although they can also get somewhat repetitive.
GZDoom mods can be rather amazing, sometimes better than even Doom 2016 (Anything by pillowblaster, Brutal Doom/Project Brutality, Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony,etc.)

Blade of Agony looks nicer (A better color palette) than Doom 2016
(08-22-2018, 08:56 AM)DarkStar Wrote: And ZZT...I could go on for pages about ZZT. On the surface it's halfway between a roguelike and a RPG with graphics that were obsolete when it was released. But the because Tim Sweeney chose to include a fully-functional level editor in the shareware version, he enabled an entire generation of creativity with the simplicity of its object-oriented programming language. Every possible kind of fangame from shooters to actual RPG games to comedies was made, nearly all of which blew away the ones released by Epic Megagames. The community is still going after *over two and a half decades*, and someone just acquired the license to remake the game.

I LOVED ZZT back in it's day. Started many, many different projects but rarely finished any. There were a bunch of really creative and fun games made over the years. You can even play 'em online now. #endgame
(08-24-2018, 09:01 AM)Salami Sam Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 08:56 AM)DarkStar Wrote: And ZZT...I could go on for pages about ZZT. On the surface it's halfway between a roguelike and a RPG with graphics that were obsolete when it was released. But the because Tim Sweeney chose to include a fully-functional level editor in the shareware version, he enabled an entire generation of creativity with the simplicity of its object-oriented programming language. Every possible kind of fangame from shooters to actual RPG games to comedies was made, nearly all of which blew away the ones released by Epic Megagames. The community is still going after *over two and a half decades*, and someone just acquired the license to remake the game.

I LOVED ZZT back in it's day. Started many, many different projects but rarely finished any. There were a bunch of really creative and fun games made over the years. You can even play 'em online now. #endgame

I personally put up a torrent of the absolute best of the best, I'll pm you the link when I'm home. Come check out our small but still going community at zzt.org!
Video 
You should really play GZdoom and its variants. I'm even developing a cosmetic SS13 mod for Doom 2 with uh... "unusual" sound choices.