Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chiron Outpost (aka: rockstation)
[Image: qDIkGGi.png]
Compact, minimum-frills station suitable for low population.

SUPER DUPER FEATURE LIST
  • Custom drawbridge to span the center gap that's definitely not just a reworked orange airbridge that bugs out half the time; allows pod transit directly through the center of the asteroid
  • Asteroid turfs utilize lighting, so you can look out the window and see gloomy cave stuff which is aesthetically super nice (except for the ugly bits around the outer edge)
  • Multiple solar arrays so when the shitty mini-TEG breaks you can keep playing
  • Innovative brig design: extremely out in the open, but difficult to break into (vacuum, difficulty of stealth, or both), with a dedicated prisoner release lobby in the Courtroom
  • Full fat - I don't think I forgot any departments?
  • Shuttles and QM department have been tested and are operational, same with solars and power grid at large (though an APC might be in the wrong direction because byond is weird)
  • Thermo-Electric Generator might even work
  • "Zeta" research vessel with working mainframe and a super cool mass driver aggregation system
I had to make a few new code and icon files to get this to work. If anyone (goon or otherwise) would like the map necessary files, please let me know (discord is probably the best place to reach me).

UPD 3/1/2018 - Research vessel added
UPD 3/2/2018 - Disposals, owlery, teleporter
UPD 3/14/2018 - Some layout reworks, better chem in bar, chem for MD
I like it.
The brig location looks terrifying but i see you put blast doors there for a reason
I'm really liking the hallways. Kinda big loops that almost close back on themselves. Meaning there's a long way back or a short way, provided you can bust through the Sec or hop in maintenance
Nice overall, couple of points:
  • The medbay layout is a little weird: with cloning and the operating area all the way at the back. I appreciate it's supposed to be a minimalist station (and ironically by putting them all the way at the back you're making them far more secure, with the added bonus of bombing genetics if you bomb cloning), but it's a little quirky. Keeping the OR back there makes sense, consider removing the "lobby" part of medbay and using the space gained to partition it in the middle somewhere.
  • I really like the engine's cold loop, for some reason. It's aesthetically pleasing to me.
  • I may not have spotted it, but I don't see disposals anywhere?
  • Consider adding a morgue chute to medbay (ideally make that one wall between the morgue and medbay a window, so people don't just rot in there)
  • Consider adding a morgue chute to the medical checkpoint.
  • Consider adding a brig chute to the security checkpoint.
  • I don't quite understand the piping going on in security. There's a random pipe going from the brig that splits and heads into main security?
  • Chaplain's got to have a mass-driver or a cremator! Got to clean up those bodies!
  • Mining magnet control is weirdly far from the magnet? Not really a problem.
  • Big fan of how the barber has a wall adjoining the chef's freezer.
About the medbay layout, maybe pathology could be moved to the research station to make more space for medbay and keep a small lobby for dying people to wait in.

I like this station.
Quote:Keeping the OR back there makes sense, consider removing the "lobby" part of medbay and using the space gained to partition it in the middle somewhere.

Could you illustrate this visually? I can't quite figure out what you mean.

Quote:I don't quite understand the piping going on in security. There's a random pipe going from the brig that splits and heads into main security?

That's the prisoner release chute. It's directed towards the secure release area with the stairs right next to Sec - the split is to allow officers to place items into a chute and give them back to the prisoner.

Quote:Consider adding a morgue chute to medbay (ideally make that one wall between the morgue and medbay a window, so people don't just rot in there)
Consider adding a morgue chute to the medical checkpoint.
Consider adding a brig chute to the security checkpoint.

All done! As a bonus, I hooked the checkpoint Brig chute up to the Chef's food pipe. It's delightfully unsanitary.

Quote:Chaplain's got to have a mass-driver or a cremator! Got to clean up those bodies!

Cremator, I think. Done.
(02-25-2018, 09:06 PM)Kubius Wrote: [INCREDIBLY COOL MAP]

Holy fuck, this is cool as shit!

Edit: There's some misplaced tiles on the arrivals shuttle though
(02-26-2018, 08:57 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: There's some misplaced tiles on the arrivals shuttle though

That's a side effect of FastDMM rendering (how I got the full map image). It shows up correctly ingame.
(02-26-2018, 09:02 AM)Kubius Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 08:57 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: There's some misplaced tiles on the arrivals shuttle though

That's a side effect of FastDMM rendering (how I got the full map image). It shows up correctly ingame.

Ah, got it
Sure, shitty paint image coming up.

[Image: jpsy2AU.png]

Also, while looking at this, one thing you definitely forgot is the actual cloning pod for the cloner!

Not saying this one is perfect, it's far from it, but the idea here is a separate OR (with blinds for the windows!) so that shady doctors can do shady things. By moving a few bits a little further out and reshuffling a little, you get some effective room to play with (note that I stuck one of the static med dispensers into the wall - it'd be accessible to both general medbay and the OR, see Destiny's patient treatment rooms for an example).

Arguably, you could continue the wall that the med dispenser's in further up (sticking a door of some kind in there) meaning that medbay would be separated into two parts, giving it some amount of "security" rather than people who come in to get treated getting access to the whole thing.

I probably lost a couple of bits in the move around, but hopefully you get the idea of what I was talking about. This was a VERY quick task.
Mordent and Haprenti feedback combined to create a new medbay layout (OP image updated).

Pathology will take place on the research station - in its place, I've introduced an intensive care unit with the cloning station, a dedicated operating theatre, blinds, and maintenance access, and created a middle partition in Medbay behind which is the primary gear setup and a CheMaster so you can make reagent pills (I can't believe I missed the CheMaster!).
Yeah, I don't see disposals anywhere either.
Great cool fun map.
Either take the chairs out of the brig or make those into crystal windows, otherwise you can break out of the brig super easy.
(02-26-2018, 03:55 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: Either take the chairs out of the brig or make those into crystal windows, otherwise you can break out of the brig super easy.

I'll swap them to stools.
Can't say I've got any feedback, but this is a neat idea, well executed and i'm pumped to see more player-created maps.

I'd be way down to see this and others like it joining the map rotation.
Horse mask not on the map, lost all my respect