Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
(05-12-2017, 05:38 PM)Sundance Wrote: SPRITES

Many thanks.
I've managed to get this mostly working at this point, but a few things remain to be done

-The Mini-Oven: 
In it's current form, this is  just the oven world object shoved into a borg module. It doesn't really work and i'm quite frankly not sure how to make it work. It'd require an overhaul on how cooking is actually performed from what i can see. Borg cooking without hands would be really limited. Perhaps an alternative is in order. Although it's possible that this was already decided and that i've just forgotten about it.

-The Portable Ore Processor:
Is currently also an overworld object stuffed into a borg module. Functions, but works weirdly and freaks out when equipped to hand. I'm going to ask for a look at the current material code and see if i can't make this into it's own item instead.

-Brobot Magic Pen:
Didn't survive the codestorm. Not looking forward to this one. I'll get it done though.

-Cardboard Tube:
Currently implementation of this is kinda janky. It's literally disarm intent the tube, you can use it to remove itself from your borg hands. Were it me i'd replace this with it's own item, rather than just making it a subtype of the tube, with a chance to knock items out of hands and a decent chunk of stamina damage to help make brobocops actually useful.

-Probability Sphere
Did not survive the codestorm. Shouldn't be too hard to remake.

-Internal Storage
No trace of it at all, i'll have to redo it.

-Borg materials system
I don't think i'm insane enough for this.

Edit: OH, and all of the sprites need to be added in still, everything is using placeholders right now. That being said, this is a comparatively minor job for the most part.
Oven and ore processor got remade, but the remakes did not survive the code storm.

Also, you actually got this thing to compile? Holy shit.
(05-16-2017, 11:58 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Oven and ore processor got remade, but the remakes did not survive the code storm.

Dude, i got this thing to compile about a week and a half ago

The only reason i haven't got it finished already is exams and the new Legend of Zelda game

Edit: What did you end up deciding on for the oven anyway?
(05-16-2017, 12:01 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 11:58 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Oven and ore processor got remade, but the remakes did not survive the code storm.

Dude, i got this thing to compile about a week andnd a half ago

The only reason i haven't got it finished already is exams and the new Legend of Zelda game

Edit: What did you end up deciding on for the oven anyway?

I just made every kitchen tool compatible with click dragging instead.

It works for most things, and you could always give borgs a rolling pin and a plastic safety knife to handle the vast majority of edge cases.

Also, I too have been busy with classes and exams lately.
please don't bother with materials it's not worth it
rolling pins can be used to bonk! beware!
plastic safety rolling pin
Okay, all of my exams are done now

Coding time.
(05-17-2017, 03:53 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Okay, all of my exams are done now

Coding time.

Remember to seek the assistance of your nearest chaplain to ward off the curse.
(05-17-2017, 09:18 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 03:53 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Okay, all of my exams are done now

Coding time.

Well nothing bad has happened to me thus far, but then again the nearest town has three churches in it so perhaps that's why
(05-17-2017, 10:06 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 09:18 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

Coding time.

Well nothing bad has happened to me thus far, but then again the nearest town has three churches in it so perhaps that's why
Let's hope it continues that way.
Okay so, i was hit with a flash of inspiration for a thing while i was coding.

I'm going to try and make a device that acts as a clonescanner, portable enzymatic reclaimer and spare limb cloner for the medborg. Wish me luck!
(05-17-2017, 11:32 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Okay so, i was hit with a flash of inspiration for a thing while i was coding.

I'm going to try and make a device that acts as a clonescanner, portable enzymatic reclaimer and spare limb cloner for the medborg. Wish me luck!

Good luck!
Portable corpse mulcher