Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls Just Wanna Explode Butts, Too: Female Wizards/Witches
Rainbow 
Here's my suggestion: Either female wizards or a separate, similar skin called witches with a ride-able broom or summonable cat minion.

Apparently, there ARE no female wizards or magic user mobs whatsoever.

While this may go a long way to explain why the wizards are so irritable, it's hardly fair.

Also, can we add pointy hats and witch outfits?
(09-14-2016, 02:05 PM)The_Rain Wrote: Here's my suggestion: Either female wizards or a separate, similar skin called witches with a ride-able broom or summonable cat minion.

While this may go a long way to explain why the wizards are so irritable, it's hardly fair.

I'm fairly certain that there ARE female wizards, it's just hard to tell because all wizards have beards.
Some witch outfits would be cute and cool and good. I should take a look at that. Although really our current wizgear is pretty androgynous. Big robes and pointy hats for all.
While technically androgynous, the wizard outfits never really felt androgynous because of how they match the style of a classical male wizard outfit.

Then again, what even is a witch outfit when compared to a wizard outfit? A skirt with knee-striped socks and red shoes instead of doofy robes?
I think of them as magical muumuus really.
I don't think I could create a new set of voice clips for the witches. Unless you're cool with them sounding like a cross between Nanny Ogg, Nursie from Blackadder and Toad of Toad Hall.
Just splice together audio clips of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
im sure youd do a fine job on the voices. you could probably fill in the gaps with free-use open source witch cackles anyways

so, would the witch's broom function like a jetpack and let her fly about in space? would she still need a space suit and internals for it or would its magic protect her? would she be at risk of flying off it segway style if she hit someone?

would the witch merely have all the same spells as the wizard, a partially intersecting spell list, or a completely separate one?

at least one of her spells should simply be delivering a hefty dose of cat drugs and bath salts

and she could werewolfify ppl to create minions

and she could get bonus healing from candy

and she could have a weakness to water and getting houses dropped on her
(09-14-2016, 04:49 PM)SpaceNaba Wrote: I don't think I could create a new set of voice clips for the witches. Unless you're cool with them sounding like a cross between Nanny Ogg, Nursie from Blackadder and Toad of Toad Hall.

Are you trying to convince me that that's a bad idea? I'm genuinely unsure.
In King of Dragon Pass there's a group of people who worship a god of Knowledge that are pretty much wizards. However everyone who worships him has to have a beard so the women wear fake ones
(09-14-2016, 06:04 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 04:49 PM)SpaceNaba Wrote: I don't think I could create a new set of voice clips for the witches. Unless you're cool with them sounding like a cross between Nanny Ogg, Nursie from Blackadder and Toad of Toad Hall.

Are you trying to convince me that that's a bad idea? I'm genuinely unsure.

I think he's trying to convince you that it's a good idea.
That's Runequest for you. What a weird setting.
Also cartoon ducks.
[Image: nkBSTS.jpg]
Female Wizards.
(09-14-2016, 02:09 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 02:05 PM)The_Rain Wrote: Here's my suggestion: Either female wizards or a separate, similar skin called witches with a ride-able broom or summonable cat minion.

I'm fairly certain that there ARE female wizards, it's just hard to tell because all wizards have beards.

just like dwarf fortress
Add a broom that functions like a cargo tractor.