Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
HOLY SHIT.

I cannot believe I just marathon coded the surgical laser, the dungeon master's best friend (coin, multiple dice, and eight ball in one!), AND A BORG LIMB AND CHASSIS MATERIALS SYSTEM.

Edit: It's still rough though and is not pushed to the fork yet.
(07-31-2016, 05:48 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: HOLY SHIT.

I cannot believe I just marathon coded the surgical laser, the dungeon master's best friend (coin, multiple dice, and eight ball in one!), AND A BORG LIMB AND CHASSIS MATERIALS SYSTEM.

Edit: It's still rough though and is not pushed to the fork yet.

Don't give up we believe in you!
OH MAN THAT IS SO FUCKIN COOL
NOAH WE BELIEVE IN YOU
borg limb mats + some general working of the materials system would be SO GOOD NNNNGGG i want to be a goldborg
DM's best friend seems like a great tool i didn't know i needed
I am still working on improving the materials system.

I deserve a medal or some shit for this.
You do deserve a medal considering you're improving a system that got a few weeks of attention and then was never touched and then broke even worse for no reason later on.
(08-07-2016, 06:20 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: You do deserve a medal considering you're improving a system that got a few weeks of attention and then was never touched and then broke even worse for no reason later on.

Oh, I meant the borg materials system.

I wouldn't touch materials itself with a ten foot pole.
:'^) that says a lot about that system
nvm then

goldborg is still canon right?
(08-08-2016, 03:00 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: :'^) that says a lot about that system
nvm then

goldborg is still canon right?

yes
Do mediborgs have a way of replacing limbs/organs yet? I saw it mentioned but never raised again. This is one of the biggest obstacles to Borg surgery at the moment. I'd support some kinda grippy arm that could hold limbs and organs, or maybe a growth tank that generated synthetic replacement parts. Or you could make them click-draggable.
i believe that click-draggableness was the preferred solution to a lot of borg problems

are operating tables scannable and rebuildable via mechanics? sometimes they get ruined due to bombings and it would be good to be able to replace them.

since borgs cant grab someone and slap them onto any old table for surgery, its kind of cool how humans remain more flexible in that capacity i guess

maybe operating tables could even get expanded functions like beeping when someone on them is going into crit, injections of epi kind of like sleepers can, etc

this is all only tangentially related accessories to medborg surgery i guess but still relevant
Why not just give borgs the magtractor as well? If the concern is not allowing them to then pick up weapons and whatnot, put an "organics filter" on it or something. They'll only be allowed to pick up corpses, detached limbs, and disembodied organs.
does the magtractor have a grab intent? thats often needed for cloning duties, for example. maybe someday cyborg technology will advance enough that they will be able to use their arms as arms
I don't think it does but that's why I suggested limiting it to corpses and limbs and organs; although, I already see potential for exploitation in regards to "picking up" corpses... thinking of the times I've seen people who appear as dead when looking at them through the ProDoc glasses.
(08-09-2016, 02:22 AM)misto Wrote: are operating tables scannable and rebuildable via mechanics? sometimes they get ruined due to bombings and it would be good to be able to replace them.

Yes, they are.

misto Wrote:maybe operating tables could even get expanded functions like beeping when someone on them is going into crit, injections of epi kind of like sleepers can, etc

If you're a dedicated medical role (doctor, mediborg) and not using ProDoc glasses/upgrade/eyes, you're doing it wrong. When you drop to crit you go light grey on those things (dead is dark grey).

That said, and only tangentally related, the operating computers could use a buff (beeping when in crit, and the epi injection thing would be cool).
My only real concern with making stuff click-draggable is that it's not a paticularly obvious to a player what is click-draggable an what is not, and surgery is a messy clickfest at the best of times.

I really like the idea of a synthetic organ growth tank that can grow limbs n stuff at the cost of power, it could give the medibot a unique feature that actually sets it apart from regular doctors, as well as have a neat looking sprite.