Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living Walls
From IRC:
(20:52:11) <AngriestIBM> Originally, living walls were created by using an RCD on an incapacitated dude

Please readd this feature with the prototype RCD tia
Only if emagged, please!
Carlarc Wrote:Only if emagged, please!

I, for one, do not support adding more utility to emags.
Marquesas Wrote:

Ah so that's why emags don't do much
How about an artifact that acts like the RCD but makes flesh walls, floors, and doors?
Rather than refilling it with cartridges, you use human flesh, converting them into living walls.
This seems a bit more complicated than actual handheld artifacts.
Marquesas Wrote:

Let me finish that for you...

BECAUSE THEN THEY'D ACTUALLY HAVE SOME UTILITY AND BE WORTH THE CRYSTALS.
Ali0en Wrote:BECAUSE THEN THEY'D ACTUALLY HAVE SOME UTILITY AND BE WORTH THE CRYSTALS.

Things emags can do:

-Free all access
-Turns every small robot into a murdertron
-Turns borgs into murdertrons
-Gives you access to the AI to turn it into a murdertron
-Gives you a special option in the QM ordering menu
-Turns a hypospray into an instant murder device
-Turns a defib into an instant heart stopping device
-Breaks loads and loads of shit the crew generally wants working
-Fits in your pocket
-Makes the station chaotic as the lack of access barriers causes unintentional greytide
-Gets you into shiny lockers and crates full of weaponry
-Get you sneered at by Marq

If you can't think of a way to combine all that with another item to cause some mayhem, if not it alone, there's a issue here that isn't with the item.
Xeram Wrote:
Ali0en Wrote:BECAUSE THEN THEY'D ACTUALLY HAVE SOME UTILITY AND BE WORTH THE CRYSTALS.

Things emags can do:

-Free all access
-Turns every small robot into a murdertron
-Turns borgs into murdertrons
-Gives you access to the AI to turn it into a murdertron
-Gives you a special option in the QM ordering menu
-Turns a hypospray into an instant murder device
-Turns a defib into an instant heart stopping device
-Breaks loads and loads of shit the crew generally wants working
-Fits in your pocket
-Makes the station chaotic as the lack of access barriers causes unintentional greytide
-Gets you into shiny lockers and crates full of weaponry
-Get you sneered at by Marq

If you can't think of a way to combine all that with another item to cause some mayhem, if not it alone, there's a issue here that isn't with the item.

You forgot the reclaimer and not as important but it can be fed to a bee.
hi this isn't really a thread to complain about the emag thanks.
There's already skin stuff from suiciding into the arc welder, right? What if you just expand on that. Toss bits of meat into the arc welder to get Fleshtonium, a material that looks mildy organic, and can be used for metal stuff. (I.E. turn it into sheets to build a wall.) Stick some Strange Reagent into the chem barrel while smelting Fleshtonium, and you get Living Fleshtonium, which has a slightly brighter color, and also wiggles.

"This is a Living Fleshtonium Wall! It smells disgusting, and seems to be moving slightly..."

You can get meat from normal stuff, steaks, fish filets, meatballs, but you can also toss body parts into the arc welder to make Fleshtonium. So stun a nerd, saw his arms off, toss them in the arc welder, and then build a chair from his own flesh to handcuff him to so the crew can throw tomatos at him.
You know what's an amusing idea? Someone navigating a maze where the living walls appear the same as the other walls, except they move around when the guy isn't looking.
I dunno guys, I honestly think that having craftable fleshwalls/floors sort of ruins their appeal. They're cool because of the context in which they appear in, and I think giving people the ability to make them sort of deprives them of that uniqueness.

You know what I would like, though? More miscellaneous decorative things you can make out of bones and stuff, like the recently-added skull chalice. Skull thrones, anyone?
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I dunno guys, I honestly think that having craftable fleshwalls/floors sort of ruins their appeal. They're cool because of the context in which they appear in, and I think giving people the ability to make them sort of deprives them of that uniqueness.

You know what I would like, though? More miscellaneous decorative things you can make out of bones and stuff, like the recently-added skull chalice. Skull thrones, anyone?
Well you can get bits of bone but it isnt very useful