Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space dungeon raid thing
So we have telesci areas that are dangerous but are the exact same every round. Considering the admins have a dungeon creation tool thing, I thought that could be put to use in something cool for every round. I'll sum it up in easy to read pinpoints.

-Meant for heavily equipped parties
-Fixed telesci dungeon entrance room on the centcomm z-level that is the same every round
-Entrance room is attached to a reserved section of the z-level where a dungeon is randomly generated at map loading, walls and everything
-Traps, monsters, cool items, puzzles, etc
-Has to end with some final boss or huge mob of monsters
-Can draw from different tilesets (Ice, abyss, station, etc) to create a themed dungeon, or be completely random
making dungeons an every round thing is either gonna lead to everyone getting burnt out on them and ignoring them completely or people using them nonstop and ignoring the actual station, like what happens when someone calls a solarium round
I rarely EVER see solarium rounds derail anything anymore. Saying this will do that is wrong.
I feel something like this would work better in VR. Get rid of some of the kart track, replace it with a couple of rooms arranged in a grid. Make it a little like a Zelda/Binding of Isaac/Nethack with randomized creatures, loot chests, rewards, obstacles, hazards and mini puzzles.

Every Time you enter a room you haven't been in before, the doors lock until you kill all the enemies/solve the puzzle. After this, the doors open, except for doors specifically left closed to create unique paths/act as boundaries or doors that require a special key to unlock.

Starting a dungeon, it arranges itself one way that stays consistent until you find the key that unlocks the door to the boss room. After defeating the boss, the dungeon arranges the next floor based on your current location, adding progressively harder monsters and greater rewards.

This way, bored people can still go do some weird fun thing in VR without it having any impact on the station proper.
I'm hurt that you neglected to mention Urs Dungeon II :c
Frank_Stein Wrote:I feel something like this would work better in VR. Get rid of some of the kart track, replace it with a couple of rooms arranged in a grid. Make it a little like a Zelda/Binding of Isaac/Nethack with randomized creatures, loot chests, rewards, obstacles, hazards and mini puzzles.

Every Time you enter a room you haven't been in before, the doors lock until you kill all the enemies/solve the puzzle. After this, the doors open, except for doors specifically left closed to create unique paths/act as boundaries or doors that require a special key to unlock.

Starting a dungeon, it arranges itself one way that stays consistent until you find the key that unlocks the door to the boss room. After defeating the boss, the dungeon arranges the next floor based on your current location, adding progressively harder monsters and greater rewards.

This way, bored people can still go do some weird fun thing in VR without it having any impact on the station proper.
Here's a shitty mockup of what the hell I'm talking about using a 5x5 room dungeon grid. The red line indicates the first floors path. The blue line the 2nd floor. And then this process would just repeat until you died or suicided out of VR.
[Image: Msl6LJv.png]

Also, sorry. I haven't seen your second dungeon, but if it's anything like the first I bet it was great.
I'd rather not have it be VR. Something new for the real space would be cool.
I been bugging Marquesas about this,

What i really want is to have a fancy seperate VR pod that allows you to use a modified version of his adventure tool kit to design cool VR stuff or to become a VR DM
That would be great. A VR wraith to DM it. It can spawn mobs, puzzles, etc with points from killing the adventure crew. Maybe spawn friendly mobs and even make humans who say custom story dialogue when met. You could make a whole little plot to your dungeon.
Ali0en Wrote:That would be great. A VR wraith to DM it. It can spawn mobs, puzzles, etc with points from killing the adventure crew. Maybe spawn friendly mobs and even make humans who say custom story dialogue when met. You could make a whole little plot to your dungeon.

This is exactly what i want! Thank you for explaining it better than i could have
Paging marquesas please give your input