Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterlife z-level for ghosts only (ghost bar)
I was talking with other ghosts in dead chat and I had the idea that it would be neat if ghosts had more to do than just follow other people around, wail in chat and twists chairs around. I'm thinking adding a ghosts only afterlife could be a great addition to the game, we could have our own ghost bar and whatnot where we can drink or play other mini games. The sky is the limit really, but the main idea is its user choice to go to the afterlife after becoming a ghost but once there you cant come back to other z-levels till the round ends. Let me know what you guys think and feel free to add onto this idea with other suggestions as I may also do when I have more time.
So basically a ghost-only VR zone of sorts?

I guess I can see how that might work, but eh. Maybe now that there's more space in spare z-levels it could be feasible but at the same time I presume they freed up that space with the intention of filling it with other stuff for the living to play with.
Personally I think something that would be nice for ghosts is having observe work better in the "jump into the senses of who you're observing" sense, since right now you don't really get properly locational sounds and stuff and maybe people want to live vicariously through people who aren't dead. There's probably some other aspects that would need to be dealt with too but I can't really remember what else is an issue there.
What if ghosts could go into the VR space as some sort of virtual construct? They would be featureless and unable to communicate with the living players, but they could fight them and each other and ride the go karts and junk.
Frank_Stein Wrote:What if ghosts could go into the VR space as some sort of virtual construct? They would be featureless and unable to communicate with the living players, but they could fight them and each other and ride the go karts and junk.
That seems reasonable, you could get the best of both worlds.
Re-add VR battledome and add the ghosts as Npc idea...Then i would 100% approve of this idea
pizzatiger Wrote:Re-add VR battledome and add the ghosts as Npc idea...Then i would 100% approve of this idea

I suggested this previously..
Essentially, you do not need a new z-level/area for this idea.
What you could do instead if have ghosts be able to be "AI" in the VR. AI are just virtual people with randomized names/faces who can't speak or emote. When they die, they just return to being a ghost again. This has numerous pros, one being that it allows ghosts for something to do (without ridiculously rewarding them for dying and going to an area where they can still "play") but it also vastly improves VR as people can now join VR and have people who may be there instead of be a deserted literal waste of space.
Sundance Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:Re-add VR battledome and add the ghosts as Npc idea...Then i would 100% approve of this idea

I suggested this previously..
Essentially, you do not need a new z-level/area for this idea.
What you could do instead if have ghosts be able to be "AI" in the VR. AI are just virtual people with randomized names/faces who can't speak or emote. When they die, they just return to being a ghost again. This has numerous pros, one being that it allows ghosts for something to do (without ridiculously rewarding them for dying and going to an area where they can still "play") but it also vastly improves VR as people can now join VR and have people who may be there instead of be a deserted literal waste of space.

The problem with VR is it is currently REALLY boring....All it has is the go-carts and the thunderdome which doesn't really stand up to the test. In the past the Vr battledome had a bunch of diffrent guns, a wizard spell book, Syndicate pda thingy(An machoman thingy would be nice but we can't have everything).Everyone loved it and it was a fun thing for a bored captain to use for a battle gimmic.If you added that back with an option to press an button and you can summon an ghost as an Npc would be pretty awesome
pizzatiger Wrote:The problem with VR is it is currently REALLY boring....All it has is the go-carts and the thunderdome which doesn't really stand up to the test. In the past the Vr battledome had a bunch of diffrent guns, a wizard spell book, Syndicate pda thingy(An machoman thingy would be nice but we can't have everything).Everyone loved it and it was a fun thing for a bored captain to use for a battle gimmic.If you added that back with an option to press an button and you can summon an ghost as an Npc would be pretty awesome

Quote:Go-kart course
This is a bit that's racking my brain. The go-kart course is MASSIVE. For something that is rarely used yet takes up a huge amount of space it begs to ask the question of why it's still in the game. Also apparently the code is meant to be as old as time. IMO the course should be removed, and go-karts should be available to buy from space vendors in which they can be brought to the station for which people can go-kart around the station (which is much more fun).
The big extra space can be used for not only bringing back the battledome, but probably a bunch of other things (i.e: Telescience/w.e) too.
Sundance Wrote:
Quote:Go-kart course
This is a bit that's racking my brain. The go-kart course is MASSIVE. For something that is rarely used yet takes up a huge amount of space it begs to ask the question of why it's still in the game. Also apparently the code is meant to be as old as time. IMO the course should be removed, and go-karts should be available to buy from space vendors in which they can be brought to the station for which people can go-kart around the station (which is much more fun).
The big extra space can be used for not only bringing back the battledome, but probably a bunch of other things (i.e: Telescience/w.e) too.

If this happens...The basketball/thunderdome court should be removed too and the hoops be added into the battledome for even extremer basketball and the space that is left from the removed Go-kart the maze can be added back in it shitty/remade form so i can get my E-axe, Captain ID, Projector combos again!
Ghosts should have ghostly D20s and sheets of paper so they can play D&D while they wait for the next round.
Let ghosts wear bedsheets.

But seriously, ghosts in VR would be great.
I'm pretty sure its been stated before that nothing fun will ever be added for ghosts to pass time
Let ghosts possess butts. They can use the *fart emote once every 5 minutes.
ghost farts pls