Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Either make Kuru less deadly, or make Prions harder to get.
Monkey brain, brainburger, extract, 5 units of prions rip everyone.
Well now it's easier to get since you posted how to get it.
It's always been super easy to get regardless, what with appearing randomly in hobowines and designer drugs.
It's only that suddenly people realized that prions work with space man homeopathy and you only the prions to simply exist in the mixture to kill the shit out of someone. Simply making prions need like 5 units should be good enough to keep people from constantly using prions for murder.
Still doesn't stop the problem of prions being ridiculously easy to get and Kuru being ridiculously deadly in comparison of how easy it is to get prions.
Requiring it to need at least 5 units would be sufficient, I think. It's harder to get massive amounts of Prions than you'd think it'd be (but also simultaneously easier if you know a couple neat tricks). I think we'd see a lot less prion-shenanigans if you didn't only need 0.000001 units of prions to kill someone.
FloozyBarge Wrote:Still doesn't stop the problem of prions being ridiculously easy to get and Kuru being ridiculously deadly in comparison of how easy it is to get prions.

It actually would take a good amount of work getting multiple doses of 5 units. You'd take up a good 30 minute chunk getting a huge amount of them, and at that point I think it's OK if it's strong.
Klayboxx Wrote:
FloozyBarge Wrote:Still doesn't stop the problem of prions being ridiculously easy to get and Kuru being ridiculously deadly in comparison of how easy it is to get prions.

It actually would take a good amount of work getting multiple doses of 5 units. You'd take up a good 30 minute chunk getting a huge amount of them, and at that point I think it's OK if it's strong.

Once you have your first unit of a chemical, you can turn it into 40 and be in a position to mass produce it after two to ten minutes depending on your access. If you want to make it hard to hoard, you have to make the first unit hard to get or give the chemical an expiration date. I'm lean to the latter. The problem could be solved if prions die from not being within a food. It would still be possible to weaponize kuru, but it would take effort that match its lethality.

Or maybe you should roll a 10% chance of self-infection every second you hold an object with a disease reagent in your hands if you're not wearing a full hazmat suit. That would be the more SS13-ish way.
Ahem.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3411

There's a lot of text on the other side of the link, so I'll summarize the parts that are relevant to this complaint.

Under the new disease system I've proposed, diseases would need to grow in your system for a while before they become symptomatic. That means that if you're only injected with a very small amount, it'll take a long time for them to reach that level. Combine that with a general slowing of how fast diseases kill you, and that would give more time to get scanned in genetics, or wait for antiprion medicine to be retrieved (since in my proposal, it can't be made, only found in dangerous places, because prions are supposed to be scary and hard to get rid of).
I'm adding a minimum reagent amount required for infection.

I'm also fixing the long-standing thing that Don just mentioned. Unless we aren't thinking about the same thing.
Marquesas Wrote:I'm adding a minimum reagent amount required for infection.

I'm also fixing the long-standing thing that Don just mentioned. Unless we aren't thinking about the same thing.

I always thought that long standing thing was an intended feature since it had been around for so long and the admins were aware of its existence.

Regardless, I think any disease reagents from poison bottles should be extra virulent and not be subject to the reagent minimum for infection.
Noah Buttes Wrote:Regardless, I need to be able to give GBS to 40+ people from a single telecrystal item.

I fixed this for you. Because this is literally what happens every time a traitor gets a disease bottle.
Marquesas Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:Regardless, I need to be able to give GBS to 40+ people from a single telecrystal item.

I fixed this for you. Because this is literally what happens every time a traitor gets a disease bottle.

But isn't the poison bottle supposed to be a lottery of sorts? You can strike out and get nothing but sulfonal and cyanide or you can hit the jackpot and get a bottle of spider eggs.
A lottery that only costs 1tc and has almost all good things is not worth letting you gib 40+ people for.
Readster Wrote:A lottery that only costs 1tc and has almost all good things is not worth letting you gib 40+ people for.

When you put it that way, it does seem a bit ridiculous.