Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garlic can be put in a still for holy water
The tile is self-explanatory, really. All this suggestion does is make garlic able to be put in a still, and turn into holy water.
You can put it in the reagent extractor for holy water.
I feel like as a rule the still should create something different from what can be extracted from the base produce, because it being transformative is the only thing the still's got to elevate it above being a glorified extractor.
Well, the issue is that reagent extractors can't be acquired from cargo. So if you're a staff assistant or chaplain or something trying to do a makeshift setup, there'll definitely be problems.
To be honest I think there are plenty of recourses for holy water of all things. The chaplain starts with stuff to make it; the bar has the resources to make an infinite amount; if you can source wine from anywhere then you can convince science/medbay to make it for you; and if you have garlic you can ask for access to anywhere that has a reagent extractor from the HoP. Not to mention the fact this is sort of part of botany's job, you can just ask them to grow and extract a bunch of garlic for you; or order it via the chemistry request console thingy.
I guess to help you understand my perspective, I'm a classic player. Heisenbee/goon 1 is frequently (and I do mean frequently) subject to extreme lowpop, absent/nonexistent scientists, HoPs, bartenders, and hacking tools, and playing chaplain sometimes sees me blowing through holy water so damn fast that my reserves are depleted in 15 minutes, since there's always someone dying of fire of stab wounds in the hallways. That's what initially gave me the idea of the garlic-in-still thing, and I eventually decided to make it an official suggestion when I found other applications for it.
I would agree in that the still should output something different than what would be gathered from simply extracting reagents. The idea is that you're fermenting what goes in the still. There are a multitude of ways to get the reagents out of a plant that don't involve the extractor- you just have to be creative.