Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fishing could stand to not be a job tied thing
That's about it, botany already has a lot going on and fishing seems like something more of the crew could stand to enjoy, it's already a pretty mobile job with where you need to go for each fish so it would definitely compliment assistant gameplay more than current botanists only. (This also opens up paths for assistant maint fishing which i think is pretty funny)
It's not tied to botanists. Angler is its own job, and you can order fishing kits via Cargo.

Edit: and it used to be tied to Rancher. It's never been exclusive to Botany.
I was thinking of tying it down to Cargo. Maybe the ability to create and upgrade a "Boat" spaceship as you get better. Maybe fish related traders.
As far as i know, some people wish to make it it's own thing. But it is nowhere near that right now.

It's alright where it is for the time being. Rancher, botany and cargo all got very easy access to the kit (botany/ranch at round start, cargo by buying the crate). And everyone else who wants to do ranching can ask cargo to buy the crate.

The problem is that there simply is not enough meaningfull content and variation in fishing for it to be interesting for anyone really. The only usefull fish are the code worm and the pufferfish, and both of them have only antag-usage and on their own not worth the work to get a T2 to T3 fishing hook.
(10-14-2024, 09:33 AM)Confuseddp Wrote: I was thinking of tying it down to Cargo. Maybe the ability to create and upgrade a "Boat" spaceship as you get better. Maybe fish related traders.

I would honestly love a space fishing boat.