Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
A modest proposal for security post harm baton difficulty.
Default combat click delay is 10, punches do 2-9 damage by default, so averages to 0.55 damage per time unit.

Breaching hammer's click delay is 30, its force and therefore damage is 30, so averages to 1 damage per time unit.

Breaching hammer is more comparable to a fire extinguisher - uses the default delay of 10, has a force of 10, so averages to 1 damage per time unit.

(That being said, the fact it's more damage up-front means the breaching hammer has the advantage against any amount of armor, including the 1 from a jumpsuit. So it's more like 29 every 30 vs. 9 every 10, which is marginally better for the breaching hammer over the extinguisher.)

If my code reading is off, the relevant stuff afaik is in
code/mob/melee_attack_procs.dm
code/obj/item/misc_weapons.dm
code/modules/chemistry/tools/extinguisher.dm
In order of attacks mentioned.
The hammer IS good for hit and run tactics.
Run in, dent their skull in and then run away.
I feel just buffing harm baton a bit would help with this. By using harm baton you are already putting yourself at risk to lose your stun baton and get stunned. I feel that risk should be compensated by harm baton being better then a fire extinguisher.
(10-06-2024, 11:38 AM)Lt487 Wrote: I feel just buffing harm baton a bit would help with this. By using harm baton you are already putting yourself at risk to lose your stun baton and get stunned. I feel that risk should be compensated by harm baton being better then a fire extinguisher.

I don't think thats a good idea simply because the stun baton already is too powerfull as a single item. We all know how it gets down once a rampaging traitor gets their hand on one.

Making it a more lethal weapon would make that worse.
Yeah...the idea is to add a differentiated option in the armory, specifically for melee. Just making batons better isn't gonna address then idea ♡