Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Stimulate the Fartcan industry please.
[Image: Buford.png]

Buford breached into the methane market a few months back. This is nice. 

A highly scientific poll I conducted minutes ago found the following:

[Image: poll.png]

So in short: How stingy is Buford with his methane can trade? How would people feel about upping the availability of said can (and if so, by how much?)
As far as I know, traders don't currently have a "likelihood", so to speak. I think they just have an equal chance to roll anything. So this'd be a pretty big trader rework if I'm not mistaken.

Besides that, I think it's fine to up the chances, once there are chances. Kind of annoying to get methane otherwise.
If so, I'd say I'm thinking about it wrong, as fundamentally overhauling trading for exactly one can is a little crazy when the core of the idea is just "make the can slightly more available"

Maybe up the cost of it and put it into the order system? Trouble there is then its a case of -many- cans and that seems like a nightmare in of itself. I don't know, I just feel like right now the can is just slightly too rare and would like it to be slightly less rare. Not commonplace, just appear a little bit more often than it does now.
(10-02-2024, 05:08 AM)Lefinch Wrote: If so, I'd say I'm thinking about it wrong, as fundamentally overhauling trading for exactly one can is a little crazy when the core of the idea is just "make the can slightly more available"

Maybe up the cost of it and put it into the order system? Trouble there is then its a case of -many- cans and that seems like a nightmare in of itself. I don't know, I just feel like right now the can is just slightly too rare and would like it to be slightly less rare. Not commonplace, just appear a little bit more often than it does now.

Personally I don't think putting it in the order system would be so bad? Like, what are people going to do, fill the station with farts? If it's pricy enough, Engineers interacting with QM for better pipeburns and such, as an option, is good for the game. But that's just my rhetoric.

Edit:
New plan, I spoke with Leah and she said that adding it to Buford with a 100% chance is fine. I'll uh. Rework traders to implement chances. Should probably be easy, I'll link the PR once I got something.
Hooray!
Look forward to the PR, thank you for speaking with Leah (and thank you Leah) and we'll see how people feel about the PR, but I appreciate you taking the time to look into it.