Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A modest proposal for security post harm baton difficulty.
Hey since stun batons where weakened a bit cause brute now shakes out of stun, and security long wanting a slightly different option then breaching hammer for mob swarms:

I would like to suggest a melee option for the armory.

I've heard talking about it truncheons and staves. 

I personally like staves! Just a collapsible pole you could wallop people with. 10 brute 45 stamina maybe increased defense when blocking like a barrier without the deflector? As it is the best melee option for sec are just random tools or fire extinguishers they pick up for anything other then subduing someone, i think having that one melee option would make sense and also provide a bit of flexibility for monster/npc swarms.

Could really even just be reskinned spears?

Anyway thats my recent idea!
Definitely would love to see this. Even if, whatever it might end up being, there would only be a count of one of them in the armory. Just seeing something like that would be nice.
I wouldn't mind something equivalant to the Power Sword of the Knight class of Nukies.

NOT THE SAME POWER, but a big heavy item that has an AOE swing to it but does more damage then a folded chair.
Naturally it will slow that officer down having it out. But it doing high brute damage makes sense. Also slower security = easier target to steal from.
But if security works together.. they atleast have some decent AOE control now.
Sure but I beg you to consider going with the stave but allowing you to job reward convert it to a truncheon.
I think a collapsible staff would be fun, something that coverts from one handed for storage to two handed for use.

Maybe not as strong on attack, but good for disarms and deflections
I love that idea of it being collapsible frank!

And yeah kotol, i actually thought of the idea of it SPECIFICALLY clashing with the hadar like a sword if fully extended. Not at all as powerful, but i love the idea...especially because like..a sec off running into a nukie fight to just try to stall the knight is.gonna get shot the same as the one that charted in to baton them down who knows they'll die success or fail anyway.

I was thinking maybe .25 speed reduction when extended, so.if they put on the riot armor in its entirely they'd e slowert then anything but very defensive
A melee specific option I dont think would really fit, this is the equivalent of a SWAT room, medieval/Victorian weaponry wouldn't really fit. That being said, an item that has secondary utility as a melee weapon seems fine, something like buffing the melee damage of the shotgun or adding a riot shield.
Agreed with Ikea, something like a shield that also has good damage makes sense to me.