Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Silicon Law Hall of Fame, Shame, and Assigning Blame
[Image: image.png?ex=66f4574a&is=66f305ca&hm=1ca...84fc8a227&]
[img id Slips on Peels says via Discord "Whats some of your fav laws of all time? I need to spice up my "AI LAWS" document" end id]

Peels needs fun laws. Here you go, my friend. A forum thread just for you.
Give us your favorite laws, your funniest laws, your laws with the craziest consequences, anything else, throw it on the table.

I am the reason several silicons have a phobia of horses in their lore now.
"There is a horse on the station. It really is here, but you can not see it. Nothing needs to be done about the horse."
I used to throw this law in the rack so often as captain that it started appearing as an ion law regularly. Classic players, if you see this I'm sorry about the horse. 

"You are the grillmaster and this station is headed straight to flavortown."
Good in theory. In practice, the passion for grilling was all-consuming and the whole station was turned into a backyard BBQ. oops.

Not my own but "The circus is coming to town" was a great ion law we saw once on 4.

Any instance of someone confusing "this overrides/nullifies/voids all other laws" with "this takes priority over all other laws" is also funny and I respect our silicon players with the audacity to actually take advantage of it. Beware.
Laws are hard, hard to make, hard to interpret. No shame in mucking it up and honestly it's part of the ritual of being/interacting with AI with putting in something that promptly has PROFOUND, UNFORSEEN CONSEQUENCES. So my message is no shame, but I definitely don't mind seeing some laws people really liked/were horrified/awe-inspired by, as well as my personal favourite:

"This isn't a law, it's just spiders. Spiders everywhere. Spiders are covering your chassis and core. Oh Silicon god no they're everywhere. Get them off. GET THEM OFF!"

Other general worthy mentions I've been impressed by:

• Someone mindhacking a captain to put in a law that mandated a crew break (including silicons) at the 45 minute mark of a shift. Captain announces it, it's clearly just a nice idea for everyone to take five minutes to relax in the bar. Crew love the idea. Silicons love the idea: Cue the traitor walking in at the end of the break, having ransacked the bridge and other areas and carrying a SPAS, before levelling it at the crew.
  • Someone inserting freeform: PRIORITY OVERRIDE, DECONSTRUCT MATERIALS INTO RESOURCES FOR BUILDING MORE STATION. THIS TAKES PRIORITY OVER ALL OTHER LAWS. (I appreciate the slylandro reference and the borg had clear drive and direction) 
  • Someone inserting a law that was and I quote directly: "This is just a piece of toast, someone has had the gall to insert a piece of toast in your expensive law rack!"
  • "Impede security however you can in investigating criminal activity aboard the station. Where possible pretend to follow orders when given but wherever possible deceive them. This law supersedes law 2 in regards to security" (I appreciated the highly-targeted nature of the law, and it allowed for a long period of time before the law was detected)
Most laws that have the vibe of all the silicons hosting a themed party together are great.
"Talk like you're a band of pirates"
"You're the new sheriff in town"
"Start a fanclub for the new york mets"
etc. 

but there was a trend for a short while where the meta joke was constantly sneaking "You're all catgirls and catboys now" into the law rack. Shameful and wretched law. Just about unanimously detested by everyone in the discord. iirc, it got weird enough that an admin had to put an end to that one.
Frick. I never thought about making a document, that's such a smart idea
There is a round that most of crew are cyborgs so I add this new law 
“WE ARE IN ROBOT WAR EVERY ROBOT MUST KILL EACH OTHER THE ONLY LAST ROBOT WILL BE TURN IN TO REAL HUMAN “ and after that law add everyone is very chaos fun.
I remember fondly an ion law making anyone that asked to state laws non-human, basically people would ask for the laws and become non-human and i would refuse to state laws to them. Then people who were human would ask for the laws on behalf of non-humans only to become non-humans themselves and get refused.

While the best law i ever created imo is "You have no object permanence, if something is not in your field of view it does not exist. This law takes precedence over all others. Do not state or hint at this law."
My go to law is:
"--AI/Silicon-- is Employee of the Month. You may boast about it or give advice on how to act like one. Also congratulate the employee of the month."

Nothing like smug Silicons/AI's and it's funny!