Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Stowaway Jailbirds Should Get Sec Records
Stowaways with jailbird, so long as they don't have a sec record, are mysteriously and permanently harassed by Beepsky and sec scanners. This is stupid; security should have access to the reason why a normal human is being RDM'd by their own equipment.  

Jailbirds should either always spawn with a sec record regardless of role, or the trait should be non-functional for roles that don't get sec records. This way, security can have an actual reason for arresting someone instead of just saying "oh, Central marked your very being as intrinsically illegal, but since we can't know why (and because it'd probably be bad-faith on a meta level to exile someone for this) we're just going to add you to our records and let you go."
I think it's fine. Call it an equipment malfunction, give them a record, a donut, and a pat on the head, and send them away.
Being arrested by a securitron whilst not having a security record causes the securitron to add a barcode sticker to you. A security officer can scan a barcoded player with a pda to automatically generate a ticket for being a stowaway, and a security record in the database to be filled out. Emagged securitron barcodes are automatically uploaded, with an arrest status. Double Emagged securitron uploads also corrupt and overwrite the security record with a scrambled name, similar to the clerical error trait name generation.
How about a photo booth that just completely automates security records. Place the cuffed individual inside, it takes the mugshots, it takes fingerprints, it takes a blood sample, it does it all.
(09-24-2024, 11:13 AM)klushy225 Wrote: I think it's fine. Call it an equipment malfunction, give them a record, a donut, and a pat on the head, and send them away.

I think this really goes against the whole stowaway thing tbh
suppose so. I've never actually run into a stowaway + jailbird combo, or if I have, I just didn't notice.
I really think stowaway should disable jailbird.
Maybe when a jailbird join as a stowaway, randomly spawn a wanted poster or have their poster printed somewhere?
(09-24-2024, 09:13 PM)Emimiyu Wrote: Maybe when a jailbird join as a stowaway, randomly spawn a wanted poster or have their poster printed somewhere?

I like this idea a lot
(09-24-2024, 09:13 PM)Emimiyu Wrote: Maybe when a jailbird join as a stowaway, randomly spawn a wanted poster or have their poster printed somewhere?

We have a printer that prints 99% inaccurate or unusable information at the beginning of every round in the bridge. Why not repurpose that and list stowaways, jailbirds etc. as "illegal passengers" and give Security an objective during quiet rounds? Might also print the poster right after the report. Hell, put a bounty on their heads, first person that finds the stowaway gets a bunch of cash. Bonus points if you only get a partial name or just their appearance.
I really don't see why Central would have wanted posters of a person, but not a rudimentary sec record for them detailing what they did. Same with the printout. I don't see how a "sec record booth" would address this either since people primarily take Jailbird to be on arrest for as long as possible.
(09-26-2024, 07:43 AM)mintyphresh Wrote: I really don't see why Central would have wanted posters of a person, but not a rudimentary sec record for them detailing what they did.

I mean, they don't know they are on board of the ship (because you know, stowaway), so why give out access to records of them? It's personal data and there are regulations, after all.

Don't think if i like a record of "illegal passangers", though. I feel it goes against stowaway.
I think it should also be something security or command need to specifically to request from NT. Maybe enable the HOP or security to unlock the security record by sending over the blood ID of the stowaway in a console? So they would require a blood sample of the person somewhere and RP it out.
the wanted posters idea is really funny
I made a PR to have *all* jailbirds, including stowaways, print wanted posters on join: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/20876
This is alongside removing the special-case arrest interaction.