Complaint Janantilles Goonstation 3 Morty 06/28/24 4:30est
Admin Janantilles was demanding I answer his question and as I was already annoyed I made a snarky and sarcastic remark. As a result I was exploded and banned for 1 hour. I had broken rules on the last shift and will not deny my actions were not fitting with the rules. I said I will follow the rules and was going to move on from there. He demanded 100% of the time I abide by the rules, when I stated that I follow them 99% of the time. (Be honest no one follows the rules 100% of the time.) I then gave my final remark. I would added a screen shot of the image below. Last message from admin in question "I asked you a question. Answer it." Followed by my remark. "100% of the time oh great admin. spare my lowly soul and grant me forgiveness great one". I don't ask for anything other than this be looked at and reviewed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Seems fine to me +1 jan, good work.

Being an admin is a thankless job for the most part. I think being gibbed for your snippy response is funny is well within our purview. It's classic adminning really.
If he had just killed me 100% probably would have laughed it off and been done with it. I am more posting because of a ban that followed the death.
You got only an hour ban for being kinda rude. I'm not sure what you want here.
Hello, as I was one of the admins you may have been annoyed by, kindly do not take out any frustrations with me on a different admin approaching you about a separate issue. Responding to admin questions in a mocking manner is not a good idea in any circumstance. 
A simple gib and brief ban for sarcastic responses is not out of line.

Jelly
*She
(06-28-2024, 01:01 PM)lightferret Wrote: If [s]he had just killed me 100% probably would have laughed it off and been done with it. I am more posting because of a ban that followed the death.

your responses to the admin messages, as well as this post, are a good example of why the ban was needed. this wasn't a joke, or something to be a sarcastic shit over. you did something wrong and were being told not to do that.

consider an alternative: had you simply said "yes, i understand" instead of repeatedly answering with sarcastic remarks, you might not have even gotten gibbed!

instead, you repeatedly snarked, and by your own admission responded to a simple question with bullshit, and saying you think that the results of your actions are unjust.

here is the end of that conversation, as a reminder:

Quote:0:12:35.496 ahelp Discord: janantilles PM'd Light Hikari Lightferret: Are you going to follow the rules going forward?

0:12:48.678 ahelp Light Hikari Lightferret PM'd janantilles: I already answered that question

0:13:11.907 ahelp Discord: janantilles PM'd Light Hikari Lightferret: Are you sticking to "99% of the time" here?

0:13:26.745 ahelp Light Hikari Lightferret PM'd janantilles: I am saying I am and do follow the rules

0:13:53.171 ahelp Discord: janantilles PM'd Light Hikari Lightferret: Do you intend to follow the rules 99% of the time, or 100% of the time?

0:14:57.838 ahelp Discord: janantilles PM'd Light Hikari Lightferret: I asked you a question. Answer it.

0:15:08.016 ahelp Light Hikari Lightferret PM'd janantilles: 100% of the time oh great admin. spare my lowly soul and grant me forgivness great one

there are 150 other people online right now. we deal with issues like this constantly. we do not have time to treat you like a child.

if you make yourself into a problem, you will be treated like a problem.