Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chem dispenser update
What I was thinking with the whole ID insertion mechanic was that the recipes your make in there are carried over through rounds as a part of the character. I think that would be really cool, because you could put lots of effort into your recipes and not have to redo them every round. I think it would make larger chemistry projects more fun to do, and open scientist traitors up to do less actual chemistry and more mischief.

I'm not sure how much they cross, but I would think it could be part of the profile config, so different character's ID's have mutually exclusive recipe sets, and they would pas between rounds and stuff. Just a thought!
I think for this to work, it would need to come with a caveat: Only science gets their saved recipes carrying over. If everyone's did, then there's even less need for science as you press a button and get your chems. I also don't think it should be saved per character but per byond account, mostly so its easier to code but also not to punish those who go random names.
This used to be a feature that was then removed intentionally for balance, wasn't it? Like... this is my recipes button I click for my insta-deathmix 30s into the round. I'd worry about how this would be used.
Yeah, no, chemgroup macros were removed for good reasons. No need to introduce them back.
I don't really get the point of ID insertion or why it's a feature. Could honestly just axe it because I highly doubt chemgroup macros are ever coming back
(09-19-2023, 01:45 PM)Meggal Bozale Wrote: I don't really get the point of ID insertion or why it's a feature. Could honestly just axe it because I highly doubt chemgroup macros are ever coming back

I use it because of safety. I use mscros, even how they currently are, extensively, and another chemist getting access to some dangerous ones during a round might not be the best idea (modtly for their own health). So just locking them behind your ID and being able to carry then around on other chem dispensers is kinda nice. Also, having "your" dispenser ve occupied during full shifts sucks.